Unity 2017.2 Released With WebGL 2.0 Improvements, Better VR/XR Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity 2017.2 Released With WebGL 2.0 Improvements, Better VR/XR Support

Phoronix: Unity 2017.2 Released With WebGL 2.0 Improvements, Better VR/XR Support

The widely-used, cross-platform Unity game engine is out with their newest feature release...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...017.2-Released

At least now I don’t have to mistake Unity, the game engine, for Unity, the DE.

Comment

So what does XR mean here?
      Its VR and AR?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        So what does XR mean here?
        Its VR and AR?
        X being substituted with the kind of reality it is, so Virtual or Augmented, but sometimes Mixed reality as well where it's augmented but you can interact with it (like Hololens). I don't know why the article says VR/XR, VR is part of XR.
        Deploying and developing royalty-free open standards on cross-platform technology for graphics, parallel computing, vision processing, and dynamic media
        Last edited by faildozer; 10-12-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by faildozer View Post

X being substituted with the kind of reality it is, so Virtual or Augmented, but sometimes Mixed reality as well where it's augmented but you can interact with it (like Hololens). I don't know why the article says VR/XR, VR is part of XR.
          Also the "X" can be read as Cross, then becomes Cross Reality, which is a good umbrella term for all this something reality that is trending right now

Comment

Working...
          X