Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL 2.0.6 Released With Vulkan Helpers, DRM/KMS Driver

Phoronix: SDL 2.0.6 Released With Vulkan Helpers, DRM/KMS Driver

SDL 2.0.6 was released on Friday as the latest feature update for this widely-used library that allows for more cross-platform portability of applications and games centered around input, audio, and video helpers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Doesn't compile with GCC 4.8 anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by khnazile View Post
      Doesn't compile with GCC 4.8 anymore...
      Good news! More people will be forced to get rid of ancient technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

Good news! More people will be forced to get rid of ancient technology.
        I agree. If their operating systems have old GCC versions (AmigaOS4? BSD? OS/2?), then they should port the last one and sent them for upstream merging...

Comment

Yes! I didn't know they were going to integrate the DRM driver, this makes me pumped. I wonder if it has evdev or libinput for input events. I guess I'll find out.

Update: Looks like there's some funky behaviour with the video/kmsdrm driver on RadeonSI, it'd be cool to suss this out.
          Last edited by microcode; 24 September 2017, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I agree. If their operating systems have old GCC versions (AmigaOS4? BSD? OS/2?), then they should port the last one and sent them for upstream merging...
            I think AmigaOS 4 will receive a newer GCC version as AmigaOS Classic is currently at 6.0: https://www.generationamiga.com/2017...ssic-released/
            Last edited by Vistaus; 25 September 2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I think AmigaOS 4 will receive a newer GCC version as AmigaOS Classis is currently at 6.0: https://www.generationamiga.com/2017...ssic-released/
              Will there be much delay to have GCC 7.20+? What about future GCC 8? What about MorphOS?

Having an up-to-date compiler is a great advantage and it makes platforms to stay alive, despite how legacy they can be in many ways.

Are they going to merge changes upstream?

Comment

Working...
              X