Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Staging 2.17 Released With More Direct3D 11 Functionality

Phoronix: Wine Staging 2.17 Released With More Direct3D 11 Functionality

Wine Staging 2.17 is now available as the latest experimental/testing build of Wine with various patches added in...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In this wine version sleping dogs runs however have some errors (light related?)

Last edited by pinguinpc; 20 September 2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Speaking of wine, a couple of very nice Windows-style programs are now available for business/office users of Linux. AnyDesk is a remote desktop viewer with a very fast and responsive new video codec. Free for personal use, they have downloads for most major versions of Linux distros on their website. And Master PDF Editor appears to be a viable QT5 replacement for Adobe Acrobat Pro. Also very quick and responsive on my Tumbleweed desktop, also a free version for non-commercial use (only fully free for Linux - Win and Mac users need to pay or deal with watermarks). Also has a number of useful different Linux version downloads available. Both AnyDesk and Master PDF Editor had RPM versions that installed easily with YAST on Tumbleweed for me.

Here's a screenshot of Master PDF Editor with its very nice dark theme enabled:

And here's AnyDesk:

Last edited by andyprough; 20 September 2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
        In this wine version sleping dogs runs however have some errors (light related?)

I am sorry if you get a notification about a video issue. I've occasionally pressed [kbd]Mouse Right[/kbd], and then reflexively clicked [kbd]Mouse Left[/kbd] to drop the context menu, and hit the "Troubleshoot playback issue" — which redirected to a page "Thanks for reporting the issue".

I must admit tho, I could as well click it out of curiosity, because the wording says nothing about reporting.

Comment

Hmm have anyone really played Witcher 3 on wine? If so how well it runs. I have been postponing and postponing purchase of that title for a hope of native linux version. But I don't think it will ever come to linux.

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
            Hmm have anyone really played Witcher 3 on wine? If so how well it runs. I have been postponing and postponing purchase of that title for a hope of native linux version. But I don't think it will ever come to linux.
            This person says 40-50fps: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...estingId=98681

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

Remember what I told you? Test this with a AMD graphics card using Padoka PPA, cause I guarantee it won't work. Even though RadeonSi supports OpenGL 4.5, the core profiles are broken and of course Wine uses core profiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post

Remember what I told you? Test this with a AMD graphics card using Padoka PPA, cause I guarantee it won't work. Even though RadeonSi supports OpenGL 4.5, the core profiles are broken and of course Wine uses core profiles.
                Yeah, that's one of my biggest complaints about wine. Nvidia fanboys the lot of them. They should feel ashamed imo.

Comment

It isn't wine's fault that AMD's core profiles are broken

Comment

I don't understand folks what are you talking about. How is that core profiles are broken? May be you mean compatibility profiles?

Comment

Working...
                    X