Wine 2.17 Brings DirectWrite & Virtual Memory Improvements, OpenGL 4.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 2.17 Brings DirectWrite & Virtual Memory Improvements, OpenGL 4.6

Phoronix: Wine 2.17 Brings DirectWrite & Virtual Memory Improvements, OpenGL 4.6

Wine 2.17 is now available as the latest bi-weekly development snapshot for running Windows games and applications on Linux and other operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo;

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Wine 2.17 details via WineHQ.org>

Comment

In this wine version resident evil 6 + mods works

Comment

Nice! I wonder when the new version will be packaged. The previous one took about a week.

Comment

One nice thing recently with wine is that you can easily install almost any portable app from portableapps.com. This gives you about 350 pieces of software to choose from for free. I'm trying out seamonkey for the first time in years off of portableapps right now.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

Don't worry, it will be broken again in the next version...

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
              One nice thing recently with wine is that you can easily install almost any portable app from portableapps.com. This gives you about 350 pieces of software to choose from for free. I'm trying out seamonkey for the first time in years off of portableapps right now.
              Why SeaMonkey? 'Cause SeaMonkey has a native Linux version, you know...

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

Now try it with RadeonSi or R600 drivers. The problem I'm seeing lately is that Wine compatibility is entirely done with Nvidia, which supports core profiles. RadeonSi and Nouveau drivers don't so some games just don't work. Especially DX11 games where core profile seems to be required. This is more of a problem with Wine than Gallium/Mesa drivers as Wine shouldn't be using core profile I hear. But I think it's unfair that all this Wine compatibility testing is done on Nvidia binary drivers and not the open source drivers that we advocate strongly here on Phoronix.
                Last edited by Dukenukemx; 16 September 2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Vistaus - "Why SeaMonkey? 'Cause SeaMonkey has a native Linux version, you know..."

Just something to mess around with. Worked pretty good actually. Is Foxit available on Linux these days? I was thinking of trying it on wine later.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                    Vistaus - "Why SeaMonkey? 'Cause SeaMonkey has a native Linux version, you know..."

Just something to mess around with. Worked pretty good actually. Is Foxit available on Linux these days? I was thinking of trying it on wine later.
                    Foxit Reader portable app worked by the way. OCR function was grayed out, but that may be because they want you to pay to upgrade to use it. I couldn't find a current Linux version of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X