Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 2.16 Released With More D3D9/D3D11 Bits

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 2.16 Released With More D3D9/D3D11 Bits

Building off last week's Wine 2.16 bi-weekly development snapshot, the crew working on the more bleeding-edge/experimental Wine-Staging branch have released their v2.16 update with various features tacked on...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

64-bit syscall thunks in the fake ntdll.dll
    fake ntdll.dll are thunky!

PS My first grammar nazi attack ever!

Comment

- Edit for my previous reply (cause that can't be done when they are in moderation ). Seems syscall thunks are a thing! Sorry to Michael on the unfounded grammar attack but I still stand by that they are a thunky thing

Comment

Lately Wine releases fix less and less bugs.
        I wonder if this is a sign that it's getting mature, the progress is slowing down, or maybe they're preping for some major changes...

Comment

It is truly amazing seeing games like The Witcher 3, Overwatch, and GTA V running in wine.

Comment

In this wine staging version sims 1 works however character rendering error still present

Comment

On a related situation, has anyone using Gallium Mesa drivers actually use Wine? Cause mesa has a core profile problem. Anyone using Padoka PPA or Oibal PPA or just whatever comes with Ubuntu or Mint have tried running CEMU through Wine? Cause it works fine for Nvidia users using binary drivers. It won't for Radeon or Intel users with Gallium Mesa. Though someone was actually able to fix it by patching Mesa, but then you lose out on Padoka or Oibaf updated drivers.

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

It even effects Linux applications like RBDoom3BFG, where with Gallium Mesa it wouldn't work without a proper core profile.

https://github.com/RobertBeckebans/R...BFG/issues/386
              Last edited by Dukenukemx; 07 September 2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                On a related situation, has anyone using Gallium Mesa drivers actually use Wine? Cause mesa has a core profile problem. Anyone using Padoka PPA or Oibal PPA or just whatever comes with Ubuntu or Mint have tried running CEMU through Wine? Cause it works fine for Nvidia users using binary drivers. It won't for Radeon or Intel users with Gallium Mesa. Though someone was actually able to fix it by patching Mesa, but then you lose out on Padoka or Oibaf updated drivers.

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

It even effects Linux applications like RBDoom3BFG, where with Gallium Mesa it wouldn't work without a proper core profile.

https://github.com/RobertBeckebans/R...BFG/issues/386
                I would like to know if it is possible to lie to applications by using an env var regarding the "compatibility profile" support, I know the OpenGL version can be override, but can the compatibility profile be override too?

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
                  In this wine staging version sims 1 works however character rendering error still present

Wow Sims 1 is finally working in Wine? That game hasn't worked since the Cadega / Transgaming port.

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post

I would like to know if it is possible to lie to applications by using an env var regarding the "compatibility profile" support, I know the OpenGL version can be override, but can the compatibility profile be override too?
                    MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5compat

Comment

Working...
                    X