Wine-Staging 2.16 Released With More D3D9/D3D11 Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    On a related situation, has anyone using Gallium Mesa drivers actually use Wine? Cause mesa has a core profile problem. Anyone using Padoka PPA or Oibal PPA or just whatever comes with Ubuntu or Mint have tried running CEMU through Wine? Cause it works fine for Nvidia users using binary drivers. It won't for Radeon or Intel users with Gallium Mesa. Though someone was actually able to fix it by patching Mesa, but then you lose out on Padoka or Oibaf updated drivers.

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

It even effects Linux applications like RBDoom3BFG, where with Gallium Mesa it wouldn't work without a proper core profile.

https://github.com/RobertBeckebans/R...BFG/issues/386
    What's wrong with CEMU? I've just downloaded and run it successfully. Don't have any game for wii so only can raport that app is working on radeonsi drv and wine-staging 2.15 with CSMT turned on. / Archlinux + mesa-git
    Be sure you don't use gallium_nine adapter for wine.

BTW intel doesn't use gallium3D, intel is just "classic" mesa driver
    Last edited by frosth; 07 September 2017, 02:44 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
      why that? for what it's worth, some games (bioshock for example) have graphical glitches when using plain wine (or csmt) but render fine with gallium-nine (and at twice the speed)

Comment

What's wrong with CEMU? I've just downloaded and run it successfully. Don't have any game for wii so only can raport that app is working on radeonsi drv and wine-staging 2.15 with CSMT turned on. / Archlinux + mesa-git

nine wouldn't matter, Cemu's renderer is using OpenGL not D3D.

I'm also not sure your test is that meaningful if you don't start a game, because that's when I'd expect Cemu to use its renderer, not before.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

nine wouldn't matter, Cemu's renderer is using OpenGL not D3D.
          thx for clarifications.
          I'm also not sure your test is that meaningful if you don't start a game, because that's when I'd expect Cemu to use its renderer, not before.
          Yes, testing game emulator without game is... weird, that's why i described excatly what i did

trek, did I wrote "never ever use gallium_nine"? This is not remedy for all kind of problem, and works only for game with DX9 render.

Comment

The application will start, but when you try to start a game it will just crash. And yea I've tried "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5compat" with it able to compile shaders but still crashes. Try to actually run a Wii U game and you'll see. And CEMU runs OpenGL so Gallium-Nine can be ruled out, as well as anything related to D3D to OpenGL conversion. CEMU will use OpenGL 4.1, but likes OpenGL 4.5.

And yea I know Intel doesn't use Gallium but the issue also effects Intel users. If you looked through the links I've posted you can read the work around's done. For example to get CEMU working you need mikakev1's patch to Mesa drivers in order for it to even have a chance to load. You still need "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5COMPAT wine Cemu.exe". In RBDoom3BFG a few lines of code were changed to basically avoid the core profiles issue.

If you don't believe me then try to actually run a game in CEMU using mesa drivers. Also you can install RBDoom3BFg by typing "sudo apt-get install rbdoom3bfg" in Ubuntu or Mint and you can see the graphics vomit the screen produces with Padoka or Oibaf PPA's. Seriously, my links shows me getting help from the creator of RBDoom3BFG and fixing the issue. It's such a new fix you'll need to change 3 lines of code to get it working.
            Last edited by Dukenukemx; 08 September 2017, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post

The application will start, but when you try to start a game it will just crash. And yea I've tried "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5compat" with it able to compile shaders but still crashes. Try to actually run a Wii U game and you'll see. And CEMU runs OpenGL so Gallium-Nine can be ruled out, as well as anything related to D3D to OpenGL conversion. CEMU will use OpenGL 4.1, but likes OpenGL 4.5.

And yea I know Intel doesn't use Gallium but the issue also effects Intel users. If you looked through the links I've posted you can read the work around's done. For example to get CEMU working you need mikakev1's patch to Mesa drivers in order for it to even have a chance to load. You still need "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5COMPAT wine Cemu.exe". In RBDoom3BFG a few lines of code were changed to basically avoid the core profiles issue.

If you don't believe me then try to actually run a game in CEMU using mesa drivers. Also you can install RBDoom3BFg by typing "sudo apt-get install rbdoom3bfg" in Ubuntu or Mint and you can see the graphics vomit the screen produces with Padoka or Oibaf PPA's. Seriously, my links shows me getting help from the creator of RBDoom3BFG and fixing the issue. It's such a new fix you'll need to change 3 lines of code to get it working.
              What about asking Padoka and Oibaf to patch MESA?

Comment

Or get a Cemu patron to ask for not using a compat profile

Comment

geearf did you mean - core profile?
                  edit: oh, i didn't understand before what you mean...but yes, should be compat
                  Dukenukemx there is any free wii games to testing?? 😁
                  Last edited by frosth; 08 September 2017, 06:32 AM.

Comment

I did not. Though "not using compat" == "using core ".

Comment

edit: oh, i didn't understand before what you mean...but yes, should be compat
                      Dukenukemx there is any free wii games to testing?? 😁
                      The interwebs are your friend, you can find games on ebay and then get the image from any emulation website, that way you're legally covered.

In my case I own quite a lot of gamecube games and I downloaded images for all of them and play them on Dolphin.

Some classics like "Rogue Squadron", "Paper Mario The thousand year door" and "Zelda's wind waker" are true masterpieces, on the WII side Kirby's return to dreamland is the nicest kiddy game for an 8 year old I have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X