Valve Slashes The Steam Controller Again To $35, Steam Link For $15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Slashes The Steam Controller Again To $35, Steam Link For $15

Phoronix: Valve Slashes The Steam Controller Again To $35, Steam Link For $15

If you missed out on one of the past Valve hardware sales, the Steam Controller and Steam Link are back to their reduced prices...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is the best purchase I ever made, both controller and Steam Link. It works flawlessly (when using a cabled network, don't try it over WiFi). The controller is good: I played Portal 1 & 2 with it and after a while I didn't even notice I wasn't using a keyboard and mouse. It also works perfectly with Linux.

Comment

I don't think they will do a major revision of the design anytime soon. I heard rumors of the new version since the first time it was on sale for $35, and that was more than a year ago. When I bought mine last year a friend told me about it, never find a source of the rumors.

Valve dropped the price so many times to $35, that people who want one probably are waiting for the next sale to get theirs. I sure did it.

Also, what are Valve waiting to offer it worldwide? Here in Brazil we have to import ours and it is not cheap. If Valve start to offer it to more internet retailers instead of Amazon, they could offer it in more places with a better price, were Amazon do not cover.

Comment

In Europe you can get them in a bundle on Amazon for >=130€ only

Comment

Meeh... just bought a second link for 65 euro.

Comment

Nice deal, but still expensive with international shipping and taxes.
            Bought just the steam link.

Do you get a cut from the taxes and shipping, Michael?

Comment

steamlink 2 for HD plz.

Comment

I have used my link for BattleBlock Theater but not much else. The main problem was I really don't want to cycle through devices on my tv (or power them all). I would love it if it was more like the nvidia Shield with app support for amazon/hulu/netflix and native emulators. I would have rather they did a raspberry pi image and let the community improve the product.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                  steamlink 2 for HD plz.
                  Isn't 1080p enough to be considered HD?

@M@goid, doesn't Valve ship to Brazil as well via Steam? I have no idea...

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

Isn't 1080p enough to be considered HD?

@M@goid, doesn't Valve ship to Brazil as well via Steam? I have no idea...
                    No, it's not available on Steam Store for Brazil
                    Amazon is shipping Steam Link internationally though

Comment

Working...
                    X