Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Core i7 / Core i9 / Ryzen 7 / Threadripper OpenGL+Vulkan Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core i7 / Core i9 / Ryzen 7 / Threadripper OpenGL+Vulkan Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Phoronix: Core i7 / Core i9 / Ryzen 7 / Threadripper OpenGL+Vulkan Linux Gaming Benchmarks

For those craving to see some fresh OpenGL and Vulkan Linux gaming benchmarks with the recent high-end Intel/AMD CPUs at Phoronix, this article is for you.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You're still using the default CPU scheduler instead of performance aren't you...

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
      You're still using the default CPU scheduler instead of performance aren't you...
      As written in the article and also shown on the system table, the performance governor was used in all these tests.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael - could you try setting the memory controller to NUMA mode (distributed) in BIOS? That could reduce the memory latency increasing performance in games.

Comment

Originally posted by Wielkie G View Post
          Michael - could you try setting the memory controller to NUMA mode (distributed) in BIOS? That could reduce the memory latency increasing performance in games.
          This Gigabyte board doesn't yet offer that on my TR system.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Look you should have tested with an Nvidia GPU to show Threadripper in the best light!

It's a well-known fact that AMD regularly accepts bribes from Intel to gimp the performance of AMD GPUs on AMD systems.

Comment

Heyyo, wow those Vulkan results give me a sad face... Except for Mad Max. Feral Interactive did a damn fine job on

I'm really surprised how badly DOTA 2 Vulkan still performs...

Comment

Basically Vulkan is still not worth the effort

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
                  It's a well-known fact that AMD regularly accepts bribes from Intel to gimp the performance of AMD GPUs on AMD systems.
                  I can't tell if you're trolling or really just that dumb.
                  Last edited by schmidtbag; 29 August 2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Looks like AMD chipsets PCIe performance lacks...

Comment

Working...
                    X