Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Core i7 / Core i9 / Ryzen 7 / Threadripper OpenGL+Vulkan Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Core i7 / Core i9 / Ryzen 7 / Threadripper OpenGL+Vulkan Linux Gaming Benchmarks

    Phoronix: Core i7 / Core i9 / Ryzen 7 / Threadripper OpenGL+Vulkan Linux Gaming Benchmarks

    For those craving to see some fresh OpenGL and Vulkan Linux gaming benchmarks with the recent high-end Intel/AMD CPUs at Phoronix, this article is for you.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=25112

  • #2
    You're still using the default CPU scheduler instead of performance aren't you...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cb88 View Post
      You're still using the default CPU scheduler instead of performance aren't you...
      As written in the article and also shown on the system table, the performance governor was used in all these tests.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Michael - could you try setting the memory controller to NUMA mode (distributed) in BIOS? That could reduce the memory latency increasing performance in games.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wielkie G View Post
          Michael - could you try setting the memory controller to NUMA mode (distributed) in BIOS? That could reduce the memory latency increasing performance in games.
          This Gigabyte board doesn't yet offer that on my TR system.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Look you should have tested with an Nvidia GPU to show Threadripper in the best light!

            It's a well-known fact that AMD regularly accepts bribes from Intel to gimp the performance of AMD GPUs on AMD systems.

            Comment


            • #7
              Heyyo, wow those Vulkan results give me a sad face... Except for Mad Max. Feral Interactive did a damn fine job on

              I'm really surprised how badly DOTA 2 Vulkan still performs...

              Comment


              • #8
                Basically Vulkan is still not worth the effort

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chuckula View Post
                  It's a well-known fact that AMD regularly accepts bribes from Intel to gimp the performance of AMD GPUs on AMD systems.
                  I can't tell if you're trolling or really just that dumb.
                  Last edited by schmidtbag; 08-29-2017, 10:02 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Looks like AMD chipsets PCIe performance lacks...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X