No announcement yet.

Feral Interactive Wants To Know What Linux Game Ports You'd Like Next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about an old console title ported to Vulkan?
    Red Dead Redemption!

Comment

Originally posted by Shevchen View Post
      ... while I'm not sure if Feral can get hands on "Horizon Zero Dawn" cause its an exclusive title for the Playstation - it would be THE game to do a port on. But Sony does what Sony does.
      Maybe they'll learn the lesson with Demon's Souls and RPCS3.

Comment

skyrim special edition! all of the witcher series. FABLE!. Freelancer! those are some classics.

Comment

Ori and the Blind Forest

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
            skyrim special edition! all of the witcher series. FABLE!. Freelancer! those are some classics.
            Fable would be cool too. I'd definitely play it again if it was ported.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
              Something that is not another total war game.
              why? if people are buying previous total war games, they will buy another one. i certainly will

Comment

Originally posted by jf33 View Post
                No DRM is more important than Linux support.
                linux support is more important than no drm

Comment

best thing feral could do to help themselves is to increase number of linux users, it will increase number of their customers. many windows users are stopped from migration by one game missing. so feral should port most popular games first, there is no need to ask for votes

Comment

Porting AAA games to Linux isn't really practical. Most Linux users don't have the hardware for those games and since many Linux enthusiasts also prefer to pirate things, I think the effort would be better spent elsewhere. Quite a few of those games use proprietary tech that isn't functional on Linux at this point and even older ones don't have the source code available for porting because it was lost over time. The best games to port are the older 2D/3D titles that have engines which can function under Linux and those newer titles that are not hardware intensive, yet still have modern appeal.

Comment

I'd like the previous installments of games that are out on Linux-- for example, The Witcher 2 is on Linux, but not The Witcher 1, and I like to start from the beginnings of franchises when I can.

Comment

Working...
                      X