Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CryENGINE 5.4 Available In Preview Form With Vulkan Capabilities

Phoronix: CryENGINE 5.4 Available In Preview Form With Vulkan Capabilities

After failing to get the initial Vulkan support in last year's CryENGINE 5.3, the public preview of CryENGINE 5.4 is finally available and comes with initial support for the Vulkan graphics API...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Too late? Or finally? Not sure what to say here. Lumberjack was faster to get here...

Comment

Originally posted by SgtH3nry3 View Post
      Too late? Or finally? Not sure what to say here. Lumberjack was faster to get here...
      why too late? is vulkan at the EOL date tomorrow?

and i wouldn't say finally either. it is not like 1 year lag is big in engines adopting new tech. even OSS engines like GODOT lack it

Comment

Lumberjack? What is that? We only have some Vulkan games and it's still beta in Unreal and Unity.

Comment

The fusion SerioisEngine has great vulkan support, i wonder if that engine is licensable by croteam.

Comment

Whoops, I guess that was my autocorrect at work. I was referring to Amazon's Lumberyard

Comment

Originally posted by SgtH3nry3 View Post
              Whoops, I guess that was my autocorrect at work. I was referring to Amazon's Lumberyard
              mmm, Lumberyard don't support linux yet, and IIRC they dont Vulkan either.

Comment

I think what you're missing is that DX12 was released a year before Vulkan. People are freaking out about how far behind adoption is, but it's literally because they started later. If you add the difference in time from their respective release dates and compare various adoption milestones, Vulkan is mostly ahead.

Comment

Working...
                X