Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden Strike 4 Seeing Linux Support At Launch

Phoronix: Sudden Strike 4 Seeing Linux Support At Launch

Publisher Kalypso Media has confirmed the Sudden Strike 4 real-time tactics game is still on track for launch-day Linux support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

According to reddit, it was confirmed back in may. I've no idea if this has linked correctly, did you update the forum recently? The new link mechanic is terrible
    As confirmed [back in May](https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/sudden-strike-4-to-release-august-11th-with-day-1-linux-support.9656) ;) and...

Comment

Ah, this takes me back.
      Unfortunately "3 campaigns with over 20 missions" means the single player part is short and this is more of a multiplayer oriented title. And I'm not into that.

Comment

Missing comma:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Linux support is on target for launch alongside Windows mac OS, and PlayStation 4.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Ah, this takes me back.
          Unfortunately "3 campaigns with over 20 missions" means the single player part is short and this is more of a multiplayer oriented title. And I'm not into that.
          That's average or maybe a little more than average for a new RTS at launch. It's pretty hard to sell an RTS without multiplayer at this point. They will probably respond with more content depending on the active player base.

Comment

As a former COH1 and COH2 player I'll have to check this out. It's a shame that COH2 does not have cross platform multiplayer. What a waste of a port.

Comment

Originally posted by Geopirate View Post

That's average or maybe a little more than average for a new RTS at launch. It's pretty hard to sell an RTS without multiplayer at this point. They will probably respond with more content depending on the active player base.
              Neah, if it sells, devs will (rightfully) conclude it sells because of multiplayer and and more maps. It's a trend for many titles to offer single player as a glorified multiplayer tutorial, because it's so damn hard to make a single player campaign with as much replayability as online matches.
              And I'm ok with that, I'm not in high-school or college anymore, my gaming time is limited now. If I can find a title on my taste once in a blue moon, that's enough for me.

Comment

Its like a merger between CoH2 Assault Squad. Might be good.

Comment

kalypso media ... those who also promised vulkan and linux support for GC III? I would really like to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Neah, if it sells, devs will (rightfully) conclude it sells because of multiplayer and and more maps. It's a trend for many titles to offer single player as a glorified multiplayer tutorial, because it's so damn hard to make a single player campaign with as much replayability as online matches.
                    And I'm ok with that, I'm not in high-school or college anymore, my gaming time is limited now. If I can find a title on my taste once in a blue moon, that's enough for me.
                    Well the is the other side of the tracking in the Steam platform. They can actually track how many active players and if they are online in multiplayer matches or doing things in single player. AotS has added to their single player campaigns in free DLC as a result of this. That game is also allegedly coming to Linux in the coming months straight from the developer instead of a third party.

Comment

Working...
                    X