Unity 2017 Game Engine Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, Unity. The crap engine from hell.

Every game I ever played that's made with it, either looks like shit, or if it doesn't, it runs at 10FPS even on a GTX 980 Ti.

Great engine.

/s

Comment

RealNC cities skyline works pretty well for me on an Rx 480.

Comment

I recently played Valley. Because of the graphics I first thought it's an Unreal Engine 4 game and was amazed how well it ran. Nope, it's Unity. And it runs almost all the time with 60fps on my RX 480 with mesa.

Unreal Engine 4 is the engine you must be talking about. I still haven't seen a game made with Unreal that runs that well (on linux).

Explore the vast and beautiful world of Valley using the power of the L.E.A.F. suit: a fierce exoskeleton that grants exceptional speed and agility along with the phenomenal ability to manipulate the life and death of all living things.

Comment

Unity can do graphics as good as Unreal Engine or even better, it's just a matter of shaders. The default shaders are made for indie/mobile style games (because it represents 80% of their devs). But it's just the default shaders, change them and you have PBR in your engine very easily.

Look at the Adam demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXI0l3yqBrA (and it was a year ago, there's been a lot of graphics improvements since)

Comment

Working...
          X