No announcement yet.

When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn the anticipation is killing me!!!! I bet Epic employees are cleaning up their desks as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
      Damn the anticipation is killing me!!!! I bet Epic employees are cleaning up their desks as we speak.
      Heh WarTourist was the first to jump ship.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Some of us don't give a flying crap about the online stuff but would like to see a linux game that actually pushes hardware and has a good single player game. Not all of us like to be cannon fodder for unemployed bums who have nothing better to do but camp out on servers using casual gamers for skeet practice.

Heh they aren't even locking the threads anymore. Just deleting them. All linux threads were deleted.

So a repost was done: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=637700
        Seriously? The single player is the same as multiplayer but with bots.
        Buying an UT game just for the singleplayer part of the game is like buying oblivion for its multiplayer. It just dont make sense.

I want games on linux as much as the next guy but they can keep this steaming pile of poo to themselves. All of the native shooters on linux are better by leaps and bounds and most have more people playing too.

Comment

Heh, locked on the 4th repost. Man I love Applescript and automator.
          http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=637703
          Hey deanjo...would you PLEASE stop that crap?

You're making things worse. Just effin' ignore them at this point. UT3 isn't all that great a game (though the engine's got lots of potential...) and all you're doing is making the Linux community look like a batch of *ssholes. They're not going to change things and they already KNOW we're very, very pissed off at them.

Honestly, it's time to move on here folks- nothing to see, nothing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by pfunkman View Post
            Seriously? The single player is the same as multiplayer but with bots.
            Ya a bit of a story line added as well. Seriously, not everybody plays FPS for multiplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              Hey deanjo...would you PLEASE stop that crap?

You're making things worse. Just effin' ignore them at this point. UT3 isn't all that great a game (though the engine's got lots of potential...) and all you're doing is making the Linux community look like a batch of *ssholes. They're not going to change things and they already KNOW we're very, very pissed off at them.

Honestly, it's time to move on here folks- nothing to see, nothing to do.
              They have my money, they are ignoring me, they told me that a binary will be downloadable, I will make some noise if I so damn well please as I would with any other piece of software that I purchased that did not fulfill advertised expectations until I get what I am owed.

Comment

They have my money, they are ignoring me, they told me that a binary will be downloadable, I will make some noise if I so damn well please as I would with any other piece of software that I purchased that did not fulfill advertised expectations until I get what I am owed.
                Have you requested a refund? If you do, make sure you document the request and the response.
                Maybe a report needs to be filed with the Federal Trade Commission.

Comment

Originally posted by lavinog View Post
                  Have you requested a refund? If you do, make sure you document the request and the response.
                  Maybe a report needs to be filed with the Federal Trade Commission.
                  That's all fine, if your an American.

Comment

Some of us don't give a flying crap about the online stuff but would like to see a linux game that actually pushes hardware and has a good single player game. Not all of us like to be cannon fodder for unemployed bums who have nothing better to do but camp out on servers using casual gamers for skeet practice.

Heh they aren't even locking the threads anymore. Just deleting them. All linux threads were deleted.

So a repost was done: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=637700
                    You play UT3 for single player? Mentally retarded? This game is not just an "MP" failure it's a "complete" failure. The SP is crap as hell... even more crap than the MP.

What he stated is unfortunately correct. The game went down the drain and Epic noticed this quickly. They made some bad choices for UT3 and this ricochet back at them. Why hence forcing time into a client for a dead game if you can do so for other games where this might actually generate some cash? You have to think a moment from this perspective.

Comment

That's all fine, if your an American.
                      If i was american, I would file a class action lawsuit against them, for misleading the public. I wouldnt care if the court throws away the case, as long as Epic is served and dragged into a court room. At least they would learn something valuable from there. The would learn something unreal(tm).

Comment

Working...
                      X