When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Whatever the reasons are, I was just pointing out that gaming is not the only thing lacking in linux. All OS's have their strengths and weaknesses.
    It was in poor taste for me to leave in those off-handed comments as I did. Sorry, I didn't mean to derail this thread The "X vs Y vs Z" discussions could go on for forever, and have been. That's for another thread

My bad.

I'm still waiting to see how this could POSSIBLY be connected to Valve's job postings as per the earlier article. If Midway isn't publishing UT (which is just hearsay atm), it certainly lends credence to the possibility of Steam on Linux. But then again, Gabe really does hate this platform and it's people, so who knows...
    Last edited by downhillgames; 21 October 2008, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
      MAJOR UT3 NEWS
      Source:
      Beyondunreal article
      UT 3.5 / 2008 anyone?
      Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      In Soviet Russia, Epic Games plays you.
      And yet, it's not a joke... They've played us bad this time.

Comment

Originally posted by me262 View Post
        UT 3.5 / 2008 anyone?

And yet, it's not a joke... They've played us bad this time.

I read that article too. Maybe theyre waiting for the release of UT3.5 which will use the UE 3.5 before releasing the linux client.

Comment

This time? You can read my opinion (and a lot of other people's) on official game forums about story repeating itself as UT2003-UT2004 case.

Comment

So here is the problem: Ryan Gordon spends all his time on prey.

Comment

Originally posted by Killermuecke View Post
              So here is the problem: Ryan Gordon spends all his time on prey.
              According to this thread http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...3426#post49633

what's at icculus' site is the working demo that's been available since 2006, and that was possible by the efforts of the alky team who ported halo 2 to xp. So i dont know why suddenly they're announcing that theres this "new" release "coming up".

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                According to this thread http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...3426#post49633

what's at icculus' site is the working demo that's been available since 2006, and that was possible by the efforts of the alky team who ported halo 2 to xp. So i dont know why suddenly they're announcing that theres this "new" release "coming up".
                The person indicating that it's a working demo from 2006 and was from the efforts of the alky team who ported Halo2 to XP is making an unfounded supposition with little to back up his claims. The Alky team did a few neat things, but didn't do all that much to make games really run overall. Moreover, Ryan did the work, not the alky project, to the best of my knowlege, and didn't use anything from the Alky project (here's a hint: there's several titles, Bandits included, that would already be done if that supposition had any basis... )

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                  The person indicating that it's a working demo from 2006 and was from the efforts of the alky team who ported Halo2 to XP is making an unfounded supposition with little to back up his claims. The Alky team did a few neat things, but didn't do all that much to make games really run overall. Moreover, Ryan did the work, not the alky project, to the best of my knowlege, and didn't use anything from the Alky project (here's a hint: there's several titles, Bandits included, that would already be done if that supposition had any basis... )
                  Conspiracy killjoy.

Comment

News flash: Jeff Morris, better known as WarTourist, is no longer working at Epic. Here's the link:

And in (probably) related news, Epic might be in talks for an acquisition by a movie studio:

God, i love these rumors!!

Does anyone know if Wartourist still visits these boards? Maybe since he no longer works for Epic, he can speak more freely now. Are you there Jeff?

Comment

Conspiracy tinfoil hat ON!

Wartourist quit because he didn't want to eat the crap sandwich coming up shortly when Epic announces no further UT3 porting.

Wartourist quit because he secretly hates us all!

Wartourist quit because MS made an offer to work in their OSS relations dept.

Wartourist quit because UT3 has been release-ready for about 10 months but Epic won't release it.

Any? All? None?! You pick!

Comment

Working...
                      X