No announcement yet.

When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been sitting very quietly and being very polite, primarily because Svartalf asked me to very nicely.

That said, I have zero confidence in the 'fact' that UT3 Linux will ever be released, much less any kind of timeline. Epic doesn't owe me anything, but I will certainly take any announcements of future releases with quite a lot of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Forge View Post
      I've been sitting very quietly and being very polite, primarily because Svartalf asked me to very nicely.
      Thank you. It's actually rather important as you impair other efforts current and future if you don't at least act nicely in that manner.

That said, I have zero confidence in the 'fact' that UT3 Linux will ever be released, much less any kind of timeline. Epic doesn't owe me anything, but I will certainly take any announcements of future releases with quite a lot of salt.
      /me nods...

I'd have to largely concur with that position. I've some small confidence that they'll release something. As to whether it'll matter, your guess is as good as mine. I'm none to happy with how Epic has handled this (but unfortunately, they may have had their hands tied by the agreements they have with other players in this sick story...) and it's tarnished their reputation with me at least a little bit.

Comment

I quit playing it on Windows already 'cuz I find it to be very unbalanced. *Shrug*

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        UT3 Release date: December 21st 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11iCmzGnOI8
        I lol'd

Also see: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Comment

Interesting info about UT3, maybe there is some explanation (non obvious) about Linux client situation.

Comment

Originally posted by marakaid View Post
            http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6199622....dlines;title;1
            Interesting info about UT3, maybe there is some explanation (non obvious) about Linux client situation.
            Very, very interesting. That would explain a lot. I guess we'll have to wait a month and see for sure

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Great, I bought tow copies 11 month ago -- for me and a friend who (for obvious reasons) doesn't want to have it. It took me around 100?, still waiting.
              And the worst thing: I know that I will be grateful once it is out.

The screenshot with UT3 running under Ubuntu made me more optimistic. Now all I need is an ATI-driver which supports XServer 1.5 before UT3 is released. I don't want to go for another nvidia card.

Comment

This is great news! That means it's only a month before the 1st UT3 linux-less anniversary!! That calls for a celebration!

Comment

I am hearing a November release for UT3 Linux client.

Someone at a recent LUG stated that the Linux client is coming out in November. Since we are seeing screenshots, I believe it, and hope it is true.

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Phoronix: When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Tomorrow will mark eleven months since Unreal Tournament 3 was released in the United States. Originally this Epic Games title was supposed to be available for Linux shortly after its release and then it became a matter of it will ship when it's ready...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Njc5Mw

Comment

So this entire time, the linux port of UT3 was held back by copy protection(or the lack of it)?

Comment

Or possibly due to a legal wrangle over platform definitions... Or because they can't get it to run... Or because M$ have bribed them to delay it... Or because Aliens are sabotaging it in an attempt to undermine Linux as a credible platform because it is so good it threatens their control... Or...

We don't KNOW why they have been delayed, all we have is speculation and hearsay.

Comment

Working...
                      X