Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hehe... I wield for a reason the title "Linux Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue" :P ( not coined by me... I earned it on some other forum )

    That said I might have been more specific. In terms of software development ( which includes games as well ) these kind of petitions are completely futile. Why should anybody care about some kiddies ranting on a website about what you did or did not do. In fact I would consider them ( if I were in charge of business decisions in such companies ) not much worth our development time if they rant about us in a petition instead of buying.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
      In fact I would consider them ( if I were in charge of business decisions in such companies ) not much worth our development time if they rant about us in a petition instead of buying.
      Considering that they're not ABLE to buy... Vicious circle, that line of thought...

      They're petitioning so they CAN buy, but you don't give them any credibility because they're petitioning for it instead of buying...

      But, that's actually the twisted line of thought they usually espouse, just so you know folks.

      Comment


      • Thanks for the comment. Of course I know this line of sight is the problem ( and is why I try to do something for the "can buy" part ). I tried simply to outline what happens in the real world in these situations.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
          Thanks for the comment. Of course I know this line of sight is the problem ( and is why I try to do something for the "can buy" part ). I tried simply to outline what happens in the real world in these situations.
          And it registered... (Please note I highlighted the absurdity of it all and then pointed out that most of the people out there think this way, even as absurd as it sounds to us... )

          I wasn't bashing you at all...

          Comment


          • Don't worry, I did not imply you having tried that at all. I Just had not been aware myself before reading that comment that what I posted could be misunderstood as being my opinion.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
              Hehe... I wield for a reason the title "Linux Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue" :P ( not coined by me... I earned it on some other forum )
              It's all coming into focus now...


              Honestly online petitions don't really mean much. Quite a few I signed and they only time it was affected was... never actually. It was by the good graces of the company long after any signatures mattered. It may get an idea on the want, but the motion of purchasing is totally different, and almost always less than the number of signatures.

              If Sony scored an exclusivity deal (which is insane on Epic's part and smart on Sony's at the same time), there's little hope. I'm sure it will be released as well, but it no longer matters. Hopefully an expansion will cure all the ills.
              Last edited by me262; 01-15-2009, 02:58 AM. Reason: So anyway, some kid in my Calculus class had a seisure this morning.

              Comment


              • anyone know anyhting new yet

                Svartalf, Michael?

                Very soon I'm not sure there will be many servers left - UT3 doesn't seem to me much of a commercial success at the moment...

                I'm assuming that Midways chapter 11 this morning wont affect the work

                Comment


                • Originally posted by acreda View Post
                  Svartalf, Michael?

                  Very soon I'm not sure there will be many servers left - UT3 doesn't seem to me much of a commercial success at the moment...

                  I'm assuming that Midways chapter 11 this morning wont affect the work
                  Big Expansion Coming

                  I'll leave you to do the guessing part...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
                    Big Expansion Coming

                    I'll leave you to do the guessing part...
                    Heh... They indicated they were more waiting for an update pass to push out a new version before doing anything resembling a Linux or MacOS version release at this point. The Midway Bankruptcy filing is an 11 one, so at least some of the things they had in the pipeline will still happen. That would likely to be one of them.

                    Now, it remains to be seen if the expansion would make a difference if Linux support was made available. Right now, it's my understanding that the servers are almost ghost-towns, practically nobody playing. I'd be calling that a "fumble" or a "botch" in paper and dice role-playing terms, with possibly a zero roll on the botch.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                      Heh... They indicated they were more waiting for an update pass to push out a new version before doing anything resembling a Linux or MacOS version release at this point. The Midway Bankruptcy filing is an 11 one, so at least some of the things they had in the pipeline will still happen. That would likely to be one of them.

                      Now, it remains to be seen if the expansion would make a difference if Linux support was made available. Right now, it's my understanding that the servers are almost ghost-towns, practically nobody playing. I'd be calling that a "fumble" or a "botch" in paper and dice role-playing terms, with possibly a zero roll on the botch.
                      Have you been playing ut3 lately? On weekends theres usually around 10-20 servers with people playing, mostly DM and TDM, its more difficult to find populated warfare servers, but the thing is, there are people playing it. At some times, I've joined servers with 15+ players in one.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X