No announcement yet.

When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petitions for this sort of thing rarely if ever work. Pretty much a waste of everyone's time.

Comment

• ePetitions are only for people with small ePenis :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
        Petitions for this sort of thing rarely if ever work. Pretty much a waste of everyone's time.

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
        ePetitions are only for people with small ePenis :P
        Little cynical, arent we today?

Comment

Petitions for this sort of thing rarely if ever work. Pretty much a waste of everyone's time.
          Indeed.

A petition != purchase as far as the publisher and studio is concerned.

Moreover, there seems to be some funny business going on with regards to how Epic is doing things. It appears that Sony was able to retain a time-limited exclusive to UT3 on the PS3- this means that they're open to being bought on the same regard for other platforms.

Even if they didn't have a timed exclusive on the Windows and PS3 versions, this is on their time, not yours and moreover, it seems as if it's not as good a game as the previous versions were. Servers aren't really populated with players. I wonder why...

No offense, guys... I think it's really time to move on with this one.
          Ryan says it'll ship...someday...and I believe him. Prey managed to get released for Linux, quite a bit later than I'd envisioned it when I'd found out about the existence of the port. The big question there is- will it matter? On UT3, I'm not sure it will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
            Indeed.

A petition != purchase as far as the publisher and studio is concerned.

Moreover, there seems to be some funny business going on with regards to how Epic is doing things. It appears that Sony was able to retain a time-limited exclusive to UT3 on the PS3- this means that they're open to being bought on the same regard for other platforms.

Even if they didn't have a timed exclusive on the Windows and PS3 versions, this is on their time, not yours and moreover, it seems as if it's not as good a game as the previous versions were. Servers aren't really populated with players. I wonder why...

No offense, guys... I think it's really time to move on with this one.
            Ryan says it'll ship...someday...and I believe him. Prey managed to get released for Linux, quite a bit later than I'd envisioned it when I'd found out about the existence of the port. The big question there is- will it matter? On UT3, I'm not sure it will.
            Maybe theyre waiting for the UT3 expansion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
              <*snicker*> That's BAD, Dragonlord. You're not supposed to say things like that with your "outside" voice, you know...

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                Maybe theyre waiting for the UT3 expansion.
                Yanno... If it makes it fun to play, sure. But I'm none to happy with them over how they treated the Linux and Mac user communities with this whole affair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                  Over here in the UK they can be useful http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/. That being said the responses tend to be the normal political bull I've come to expect.

Comment

Over here in the UK they can be useful http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/. That being said the responses tend to be the normal political bull I've come to expect.
                    That's not the same thing as doing an e-petition for a game port, etc.

I don't know HOW many people have ran one of these up the flagpole for Linux related requests, getting as much as tens of thousands of signatories- only to have them completely ignored.
                    Last edited by Svartalf; 14 January 2009, 04:04 PM. Reason: corrected...ugh...a stupid spelling mistake...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                      That's not the same thing as doing an e-petition for a game port, etc.
                      Then Dragonlord should have been more specific

Comment

Working...
                      X