X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Zucca View Post
    Ok. Let's put it this way: Since Apple pushes Metal has Vulkan seen any light on Apple? Does there exist any applications using Vulkan on Apple?
    Nonsense, there is no driver support for Vulkan on Apple, because they DO NOT WANT.
    There are Vulkan-to-Metal wrappers though https://moltengl.com/

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Then there's Apple... What's the state of Vulkan on Apple?
    Non-existant because they want to push their own bullshit API.
    For that matter because the DX9 and DX11 backends worked awesomely on Apple.

OpenGL backend still works afaik.

Leave a comment:

• Zucca
    replied
    Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
    Who cares? They're years behind Linux and Windows.
    Ok. Let's put it this way: Since Apple pushes Metal has Vulkan seen any light on Apple? Does there exist any applications using Vulkan on Apple?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Who cares? They're years behind Linux and Windows.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
    I like the wxwidgets UI because it is native in GNOME, plus it's an area I've contributed to Dolphin fixing the text/background contrast in the rom list. I have virtually no qt desktop applications.
    No, just no. wxwidgets is slow, buggy utter crap! Qt for the win.

Leave a comment:

• Zucca
    replied
    Originally posted by legluondunet View Post
    It's an clever choice for a multiplatform software.

Leave a comment:

• donkeykong
    replied
    Originally posted by e8hffff View Post

Under Archlinux and KDE5 it doesn't work. You see many people complaining they can't get Wiimotes working under Linux version, so the project is useless to many. Works perfect under Windows.
    Arch+Kde5 here. My bluetooth dongle is working perfectly both in emulated and passthrough modes. Another option would be to use a dolphin bar. Then you shouldn't have pairing pbs (but not sure about latency: I don't know if it's good). If you can experiment with another dongle, maybe you'll solve your pb. For me: with a r9 fury, i7 4770k, dolphin is very good. When radv works (it doesn't with mariokart, nor wii sport resorts😣), I get 60fps at 4k. When radv doesn't work, I have to switch to ogl (and decrease internal resolution to keep a good framerate). Incredible work from the devs and community which also created some Hd textures (smash in Hd is gorgeous!).
    Ps: I'm on dolphin-emu-git from Aur, mesa stable.

Leave a comment:

• e8hffff
    replied
    Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

It's been a year or so, but I vaguely recall using a Wiimote over bluetooth with Dolphin without issue.
    Under Archlinux and KDE5 it doesn't work. You see many people complaining they can't get Wiimotes working under Linux version, so the project is useless to many. Works perfect under Windows.

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied
    Originally posted by Helios747 View Post
    No.
    Christ, you don't need to be so curt about it. This is just the impression I got when I read "Like D3D9, D3D12 had some core flaws we let slide under promises that it would continue to be maintained and fixed up." from the progress report. I got the impression that the D3D12 backend a) wasn't in a desirable state b) had "core flaws" (whatever that may mean), ostensibly flaws which either don't exist, or can be fixed in the Vulkan backend.

Man, it's a shame that Intel hasn't rolled out Vulkan support going further back on Windows, but such is life. If nobody's going to maintain the backend, then there's no point in being down about it, it wasn't meant to be.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
    What's the point as it can't even couple to Wiimotes without crashing the bluetooth daemon.
    Sounds like a libinput / evdev / bluez / bluetooth issue and not a dolphin issue.

Back to the main topic

Leave a comment:

Working...
X