No announcement yet.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Coming To Linux Next Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish there was cross-platform multiplayer... Would be an instant buy for me if it did

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
      Since there is no cross platform multiplayer: Hold of buying the game!

Feral should stop splitting the community like that! It's a shame!
      You appear to be on a personal vendetta to blame Feral for this. Even though it has been explained many times that the problem lies with the original Windows game. In most cases this will remain unfixable until the Windows programmers change the way they do multi-player.

So shut up about it, will you.

Comment

While a recent release coming to Linux is nice, the game itself is a rather weak entry in the series. Though not quite as poor as DoW 2, most fans of the series stay with the Original DoW + Soulstorm expansion.

Originally posted by Ehvis View Post
        Even though it has been explained many times that the problem lies with the original Windows game. In most cases this will remain unfixable until the Windows programmers change the way they do multi-player.
        I think (please correct me if I am wrong) that there is even no multiplayer between Mac and Linux, though that is planned for some unknown point in the future.

EDIT: As Ehvis points out, this is not correct. I confused it with another game. Someone from Feral said on Reddit that Mac/Linux multiplayer works.
        Last edited by chithanh; 19 May 2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
          I think (please correct me if I am wrong) that there is even no multiplayer between Mac and Linux, though that is planned for some unknown point in the future.
          That was for Shogun 2. Presumably they didn't change the multiplayer code for the Mac port because they could never make it work with Windows anyway. So now they need to change the Mac port as well to be able to make it work with Linux.

Since DoW3 is coming to Mac and Linux at the same time, I assume they will have implemented that already. Feral haven't said anything about it yet.

Comment

DoW3 haven't been very popular by gamers, every one seems to hate it. Probably worth at wait for DLCs and game of the year or similar edition, which bundles enough DLC before buying.

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
            While a recent release coming to Linux is nice, the game itself is a rather weak entry in the series. Though not quite as poor as DoW 2, most fans of the series stay with the Original DoW + Soulstorm expansion.

I kind of liked DoW 2, I have Original DoW too but did not get it working by wine. Ain't those use same engine as relics Company of Heroes? Is DoW2 running the same engine(well probably heavily modified) as CoH2?

Comment

It's cool that this title is coming to linux so soon, and not a couple of years after the windows release. That being said, the user reviews speak for themselves. W40K suffers from so many games, and so few decent ones.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
                I've already brought it, but I haven't installed it yet.
                so it was pointless

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
                  Since there is no cross platform multiplayer
                  i have no time for multiplayer

Comment

Working...
                  X