Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total War: SHOGUN 2 Coming To Linux This Month

Phoronix: Total War: SHOGUN 2 Coming To Linux This Month

Feral Interactive has announced that Total War: SHOGUN 2 and Fall of the Samurai will be coming to Linux next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

OMG!!!

I love this game! And i already have it for Windows.
    Any word if i'll be able to play use my Windows license to play on Linux?
    Definitely gonna try it out!

Comment

So this what they were teasing the week before last?

Not exactly my cup of tea, but I suspect that there's still a lot of people who will enjoy this.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

Not exactly my cup of tea, but I suspect that there's still a lot of people who will enjoy this.
        Love the total war games but sort of wished Witcher 3 would arrive too
        soon completed witcher 2 on Linux now

all in all 33% of all my games are present in Linux and that is a really big step-up from 2009 when pretty much nothing was present, we shouldn't complain

Comment

No multiplayer with Windows for those that care.
          None with Mac yet either, but it'll come soon.

Comment

Ok, that is a great news! Shogun 2 runs quite well with wine (with nvidia card it runs dx11 as well) but there is a nasty little problem with game protection information at the start of the battle and i can't use in-game encyclopedia.

Now i quite regret that i bought this game a little while ago. I couldn't support Feral with purchase (and i doubt they will recive a share).

Any traces of vulkan in it?

Comment

Originally posted by SmutnySmok View Post
              Now i quite regret that i bought this game a little while ago. I couldn't support Feral with purchase (and i doubt they will recive a share).
              If you wanted to support Feral, you could buy directly on Feral's store. This way they will definitely get a cut and don't have to pay the Steam tax.

Originally posted by SmutnySmok View Post
              Any traces of vulkan in it?
              It is OpenGL, not Vulkan: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...mment_id=93288

Comment

I already have this game on Steam. Wondering if i'll have to buy it again...

Comment

Well, maybe the game is a bit dated, but not for my laptop! Plus, this title reminds me my youth, the first Shogun being one of my favourite old games

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

I'm guessing no. If you look at their teaser page, "made to wade", and this are separate entries.

Can you guess our upcoming Mac, Linux and mobile games by looking at the Feral Radar?

Comment

Working...
                    X