April's Steam Survey Shows Their Linux Users At 0.76%, macOS Drops Below 3%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audi.rs4 View Post
    Linux is far beyond an alpha quality. Most of the Internet runs on Linux. And as we move into IoT, you will see it dominate again. Not Windows. Not MacOS. Not Unix. If it really is alpha quality as you say, then why does it seem to be used in so many areas that require high availability and stability.
    This is such an imbecile comment I'm just laughing.

No one gives a flying fcuk about shittons of unsupported ostensibly "Linux based" devices (because they usually run a highly modified Linux kernel + a ton of firmware + busybox + proprietary shat), which are
    • never updated, that's why we have literally hundreds of thousands bots infected with all sorts of shit carrying out among other things DDOS attacks, SPAM sending, virtual currency mining, spying and stealing data
    • not suitable for running any desktop class software
    • very limited in their hardware abilities

Next you gonna say Android is Linux and with that I will add you to my black list because I generally try to avoid dealing with rabid fanboys who don't use their brains.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

This is such an imbecile comment I'm just laughing.

No one gives a flying fcuk about shittons of unsupported ostensibly "Linux based" devices (because they usually run a highly modified Linux kernel + [...]
      Attention technology peers and buffs: Apparently modifying a Linux kernel for a specific use case makes it not Linux. Thank you oh mighty one for pulling back the veil on this horrible misrepresentation of Linux. We can only assume that a Windows Phone is not Windows because it adds mobile-specific items (like a phone-dialer and custom Outlook Contacts app). Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by BangoMopar View Post

Attention technology peers and buffs: Apparently modifying a Linux kernel for a specific use case makes it not Linux. Thank you oh mighty one for pulling back the veil on this horrible misrepresentation of Linux. We can only assume that a Windows Phone is not Windows because it adds mobile-specific items (like a phone-dialer and custom Outlook Contacts app). Who knew?
        Another rabid fanboy who assumes that everything that's Linux kernel based can be called (a full fledged) Linux (distro capable of running desktop class software). Too bad you live in an imaginary world.

Welcome to the real world where the Linux kernel alone is worth shat. It's 100% useless but you are free to live in your imaginary world where billions of devices run Linux.

Well, great, go write me a game which can run on barebone Linux. You cannot? Pretty much no one cannot? So, what the fcuk you're talking about? This article is about Linux distros. Your pure Linux kernel lunacy may remain unnoticed in your fantasy world.

Comment

Meanwhile:

Comment

Who said IoT devices are "full-fledged distros"?? LOL. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Wow. Have a nice life.

Comment

So, what the fcuk you're talking about? This article is about Linux distros. Your pure Linux kernel lunacy may remain unnoticed in your fantasy world.
              Uhm...it's actually about gaming on Linux and it's market share within the SteamOS ecosystem? Which by the way your comments contributed nothing to. Hopefully this thread can now veer back on course.
              Last edited by BangoMopar; 02 May 2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Meanwhile:
                Hmm, If you continue like that probably your eyes would only see what your ass wrote

Comment

Originally posted by ArchFanatic View Post
                  They are not even capable of providing 64 bit version of steam so f*ck them im not installing steam on my linux systems anymore... I tried dota 2 week ago (i3-4160 and GTX 750 Ti) and its running much worse than on windows even with Vulkan renderer enabled on both systems... after 2-3 games there is huge stuttering and the game is unplayable until i reboot my pc.
                  And that's the reason I don't touch it. My RX-480 8GB will just wait until they go 64 bit. I have no desire to pollute my Debian Sid with a bunch of 32bit libs.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                    You can't even install Steam on a case-sensitive filesystem under MacOS, and you have to install a ton of 32-bit libraries to get it to work on any 64-bit Linux distro. No wonder both are loosing steam (ha ha) when you can just go to gog.com and get games that are easier to install, have no DRM attached to them and you can easily create your own backup copies in case something goes wrong in the future.
                    With the next revision of macOS and the new filesystem we'll see just what Steam does. I agree with the 32 bit libs. Neither on my Macbook Pro nor Linux workstation will I add 32 bit libs.

Comment

How much of this is driven by China which has almost 3 times the population of the US and I think primarily uses windows and counterfeit windows? And what games do they own?

So If the rest of the world grew linux desktop use by 5% per year and China grew windows 10% per year would there be more Linux OS users or Windows users? Where does another high population country (India) fit into this?

Comment

Working...
                      X