No announcement yet.

LGP Porting Jets 'n' Guns To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me alot of R-Type, man did I loose days to that thing on the Turbographix

Comment

Pointless

This game runs perfectly on Wine.

Open Source Software for running Windows applications on other operating systems.

I don't like it tho (It's good I didn't buy it), so I haven't really played beyond the first stage. I think that it is pointless to port this when it works perfectly on wine.

Laterly I've been playing the 東方 series of doujin danmaku shooters. Danmaku shooters are quite intense and imho way more fun to play than methodical ones.

They also work quite well (and I play them) on wine:
      Open Source Software for running Windows applications on other operating systems.

Comment

This looks like a budget release from LGP and I think they need to do that. I admit I have not heard of this game before, but I'm fine with LGP picking up this title. They need to have more titles under their belt and titles that aren't as expensive as the ones they have on their portfolio.

That said, I'm never interested in these things. I've outgrown them many years ago. But I'm sure there are others who will love to play it.

Good luck LGP.

Comment

Also, as they are just publishing...

For LGP to turn away a publishing deal for a game would be commercial suicide, for them and for Linux gaming in general. Judging by the announcement on the LGP site, it looks like they may not even be doing most of the porting work.

We've ranted about paying $50 for LGP titles, now they are offering a $25 title. We've ranted about needing to convince studios to consider Linux as a platform, it seems one has. Now to rant about it not being worth the effort? If it tanks, with that rant, you can be absolutely certain NO studio will bother targeting Linux again.

If it comes without DRM, I will buy a copy as soon as I have the cash. Even if it's not a great game, it is worth supporting, simply to send a vote for LGP being Linux Games Publishing, and not Porting! It would have to be pretty awful for me not to get an evenings enjoyment out of, and if all I get is an evening? Well, at that price I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post
            I think that it is pointless to port this when it works perfectly on wine.
            I'm sorry, but that's the biggest load of nonsense I've seen in quite some time. Native games are far better than running something in wine. As others have pointed out, running it in wine won't count towards a sale for Linux. Where will that get us? No where.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
              Also, as they are just publishing...

For LGP to turn away a publishing deal for a game would be commercial suicide, for them and for Linux gaming in general. Judging by the announcement on the LGP site, it looks like they may not even be doing most of the porting work.

We've ranted about paying $50 for LGP titles, now they are offering a $25 title. We've ranted about needing to convince studios to consider Linux as a platform, it seems one has. Now to rant about it not being worth the effort? If it tanks, with that rant, you can be absolutely certain NO studio will bother targeting Linux again.
              RobbieAB, you hit it right on the nail and I 100% agree. Unfortunately, not everyone sees it your way.

Comment

I never heard of this game so I decided to download the Windows demo and load it up in Wine. I'm usually not a huge fan of shooters, but JnG was very fun and I will pick this up when it's released.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                  RobbieAB, you hit it right on the nail and I 100% agree. Unfortunately, not everyone sees it your way.
                  Unfortunately many don't see it that way.

Comment

Working...
                  X