Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament 0.1.9 Update Released

Phoronix: Unreal Tournament 0.1.9 Update Released

Epic Games has rolled out their March update to the still-in-development Unreal Tournament game built atop Unreal Engine 4...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A very little typo (missing space):

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    improvements to weapon animations,a new

Comment

If only the game ran well without graphical glitches on mesa and amdgpu.

Comment

This game has been developed for I think 3 years now, and it's still in pre-alpha. At this rate, by the time this leaves beta (if it will even reach beta), UE5 will have its first release. UE3 was in development for a total of 11 years, and survived as long as it did primarily because Xbox 360 and PS3 just wouldn't die. I really wish Epic would dedicate resources to UT4 instead of Paragon. Sure, Paragon is pretty refreshing in terms of gameplay, but I think more people are interested in UT4. And even then, Paragon lacks a lot of content. Having 30 different characters to choose from but only 1 map is not my idea of having good replay value; it's daunting.
        Last edited by schmidtbag; 28 March 2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I hate how new games have the exact same name as an older existing game in the same franchise...

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
            I hate how new games have the exact same name as an older existing game in the same franchise...
            I couldn't agree more. What also drives me insane are products that count backwards but aren't prequels or re-makes, like "Xbox One" or "Battlefield 1".

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
              Coming soon, Unreal Tournament Duke Nukem Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by monte84 View Post
                If only the game ran well without graphical glitches on mesa and amdgpu.
                Runs at a good framerate for me, RX 480 w/ Mesa 17.0.2. A few of the bodies render black, but otherwise it's problem free.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  I couldn't agree more. What also drives me insane are products that count backwards but aren't prequels or re-makes, like "Xbox One" or "Battlefield 1".
                  Yeah, why don't they just add "New" to the name to differentiate it? It's pretty common in other industrial branches. For example, in transport ("Volkswagen New Beetle", "Van Hool newAG300").

Comment

Not sure if its the alpha or my drivers but it does a full system hang when loading or starting a level. I tried using Ctrl+alt+back space and it never reloads x. Awesome.

I wanted to see if Vulkan was working as somebody claimed it was working but I haven't seen any evidence in the logs

Comment

Working...
                    X