Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dota 2 Receives Optimization For AMD Ryzen CPUs

Phoronix: Dota 2 Receives Optimization For AMD Ryzen CPUs

If you were an early buyer of AMD Ryzen hardware, Valve has pushed out a Dota 2 game update with some Ryzen optimizations...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Optimizations

What about your other non-Ryzen computers? Maybe you can find an old copy of Dota 2 in one of them.

Comment

Unfortunately DotA won't run unless updated normally.

Comment

But... I could be wrong for the benchmark mode.

Comment

Just make sure you test 1080p

Comment

Michael I've been doing some testing of Ryzen and have some old results for setting the thread affinity. If you like I could send you the results and run the test again.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
              Michael I've been doing some testing of Ryzen and have some old results for setting the thread affinity. If you like I could send you the results and run the test again.
              But is your configuration similar enough? You can get some variations depending on your motherboard/RAM as some phoronix results has shown.

Comment

Michael you can choose the version of the client. Right click on Dota2 in steam -> properties -> betas (tab)

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post

But is your configuration similar enough? You can get some variations depending on your motherboard/RAM as some phoronix results has shown.
                  Assuming I haven't changed the hardware, which I haven't, it should be the same. I lock an overclock of 3.9 GHz for it so it is pretty consistent, no mobo/uefi/power management weirdness.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post

Assuming I haven't changed the hardware, which I haven't, it should be the same. I lock an overclock of 3.9 GHz for it so it is pretty consistent, no mobo/uefi/power management weirdness.
                    I think AsuMagic thought you were offering to compare your before-patch benchmarks with after-patch benchmarks that Michael does. That wouldn't be useful, for the reasons he states.

But before-and-after on your hardware makes complete sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X