Open-Source Radeon Performance Is Very Good For DiRT Rally On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post

Just hold off a little bit longer! The RX 580 supposed to be out next month. Better clock speeds etc than the 480 for a similar price I'd bet.
    Plus, the price of the 480 will probably be lowered.

Comment

See that, VALVe? You should hire a few Feral developers so that can fix that shitty CSGO port of yours. CSGO on Linux is a JOKE.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
        See that, VALVe? You should hire a few Feral developers so that can fix that shitty CSGO port of yours. CSGO on Linux is a JOKE.
        Valve never really "ported" their source games as they use a DirectX to OpenGL translation layer. Its performance won't really improve unless Valve upgrades the game to the Source 2 engine.

Comment

Originally posted by kenjitamura View Post

Valve never really "ported" their source games as they use a DirectX to OpenGL translation layer. Its performance won't really improve unless Valve upgrades the game to the Source 2 engine.

Seems like you have your own definition of the term "ported"... I would say using D3D->OpenGL layer is considered porting..

EDIT: For Source 2's cases I would say it is multiplatform...
          Last edited by ngkaho1234; 02 March 2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kenjitamura View Post

Then how come games like Left 4 Dead 1-2, Team Fortress 2, Dota 2, etc, have practically the same performance across the two platforms?

Comment

I just cross-checked prices here (at azerty.nl) :
              - rx480 is slightly cheaper than a gtx1060
              - r9-fury is cheaper than a gtx1080

I would call that a win for opensource *and* for AMD/ATI.

Comment

I'm impressed. I was interested in this game but knowing how well it performs I really might have to now.

Anybody know if 5.1 surround sound works? Feral doesn't seem to always get that working.

Comment

Or if planning to run at 4K with high image quality settings at 4K and use a Gallium3D driver, the Radeon R9 Fury is currently your only option.
                  Well, that's a bit extreme isn't it? It's not like 59,33fps is suddenly totally unplayable...

Comment

Whoa! Looks to be one of the greatest ports ever.

Comment

This looks real good and it makes me hope for great ports in the future.
                      I hope the AMD/Bethesda partnership leads to interesting vulkan linux ports.
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post

Just hold off a little bit longer! The RX 580 supposed to be out next month. Better clock speeds etc than the 480 for a similar price I'd bet.
                      Will there be an RX 580 or RX VEGA?

Comment

Working...
                      X