Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Talos Principle Rolls Out More Vulkan Improvements

Phoronix: The Talos Principle Rolls Out More Vulkan Improvements

Croteam has pushed yet more Vulkan improvements into The Talos Principle as they prepare to bring Vulkan and Linux support to their other titles this year...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...e-Vulkan-March

SYSTEM
    A10-7800/GTX 660 SC (375.26)
    Debian 7/8 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64
    (Xfce - compositor on)

GAME (60 Second Benchmark)
    HD 1080 render
    MSAA x8
    V-Sync

OpenGL

Vulkan

Comment

I'm currently using a 270X with Mesa 13.0.4 (Fedora 25) and when I switch to vulkan the game crashes. Is there any hope for usíng Vulkan with that card? AMD-GPU Pro doesn't support it, but I haven't found anything on the open source AMD-GPU driver.

Comment

Originally posted by NeptNutz View Post
        V-Sync
        Usually benchmarks are done with vsync off to better see the differences in framerate. But now that I think of it, benchmarking with vsync on could be useful to see how often the framerate reaches the monitor’s refresh rate. 30 FPS in OpenGL mode means it almost never reaches 60 FPS. 48 FPS in Vulkan mode means it reaches 60 FPS for a bit more than half the frames…

Comment

Originally posted by samuel-0815 View Post
          I'm currently using a 270X with Mesa 13.0.4 (Fedora 25) and when I switch to vulkan the game crashes. Is there any hope for usíng Vulkan with that card? AMD-GPU Pro doesn't support it, but I haven't found anything on the open source AMD-GPU driver.
          Afaik the switching does not work from the menu, you have to change the ini or start it with +gfx_strAPI "VLK"
          And on my nvidia it also crashes. I've never got the vulkan version to work on my steam machine with steamos or steamos beta. (Something to do with resolution changes).

Comment

Working...
          X