Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife pics were better. Sorry.

Comment

I guess I'll just get a GTX 1080 for every PC in the house. No problem.

Comment

Originally posted by wagaf View Post
        IMHE (in my humble experience) VR sickness appears in game where you move in the virtual environment, such as Serious Sam VR or DiRT Rally. I could play for hours to games where you are in a fixed position.
        For me it doesn't seem to matter too much if I'm moving forward or backward, though I haven't played too many games where I get to manually control my movement. What really turns my stomach is head rotation. The delay is short but it's enough where input response time is slow enough to be a problem to your brain. For the time being, I've been putting off VR stuff as I wait for things to get more polished in Linux, and, when I get my new PC built which should hopefully have better response times. My current motherboard is from 2010, uses an "external" northbridge, and a 3rd party USB 3.0 controller. I'm sure all of that adds a couple dozen microseconds of delays compared to a fully integrated northbridge with it's own USB controller, in addition to a CPU that is faster.

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
        I guess I'll just get a GTX 1080 for every PC in the house. No problem.
        You have a VR headset for every PC in the house?
        Last edited by schmidtbag; 28 February 2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Thus we're beginning to see Vulkan extensions arriving just for Pascal and newer.
          They do it, again. --- Or 'only' no time for legacy support?
          You all know what this means. OSS is the way to go.

Comment

You can do the tests with graphs such as 970 or 980?

Comment

Originally posted by wagaf View Post
              IMHE (in my humble experience) VR sickness appears in game where you move in the virtual environment, such as Serious Sam VR or DiRT Rally.
              x2, gives me terrible diarrhea. If only they'd invent a VR console for sitting on the throne, I'd be all set!

Comment

yes, situations like this where both CPU usage and GPU usage are significantly below 100%, yet fps isn't capped at the refresh rate, are difficult to analyze... (unless maybe one single core is always at 100%, 100% / 8 = 12.5%, and another one or two are adding the remaining ~5.5%).

Perhaps there are activities that count as neither CPU nor GPU usage (waiting for v-sync could be one of them, although unlikely when fps is continuously below the refresh rate).

Or, at each single instant at least one core, or the GPU, is at 100%, but not always the same one. In that case, there might be insufficient buffering between the cores, or between CPU and GPU.

Comment

Today my twitter feed was full of AMD VR stuff. Okay, I get it, radv is not ready yet. But what does AMD provide with amdgpu-pro for SteamVR on Linux? Nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    my impressions is that for this Linux VR beta at least a GeForce GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 is really needed for good performance.
                    I'm just curious.. do you have the Nvidia PowerMizer set to Max Performance? I had to manually add the command in Startup Applications to make it stick after reboots. I'm about to start a build, and was hoping on a GTX 1060. The 1070's $250 more. :P

Comment

Working...
                    X