Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HITMAN Linux Benchmarks On 12 NVIDIA GPUs

Phoronix: HITMAN Linux Benchmarks On 12 NVIDIA GPUs

Last week Feral Interactive released the much anticipated port of HITMAN for Linux. While at first it didn't look like this Linux game port would work out for our benchmarking requirements, thanks to Feral it does indeed work for another interesting Linux gaming test perspective. For our initial HITMAN Linux benchmarks are tests from 12 NVIDIA GeForce GPUs while our Radeon tests will come tomorrow.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, that resolution seems actually rather high...

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    When seeing the higher resolution performance, I also ran some additional tests then at lower resolutions like a rather low 1280 x 10245.
    Edit: congratulations on your 10000th post, Michael!
    Last edited by tildearrow; 22 February 2017, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Michael, that resolution seems actually rather high...

Fixed, thanks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Cool that you were able to get the automated benchmarks working with one of these newer titles. Hope we see this one become a regular in your articles.

Comment

Either there is a driver bug regarding low performance of GTX 680 (on par with GTX 950) or it is a bad idea to buy Nvidia's highend graphics cards in the long term.

Comment

I'm having major graphic bugs (blocky graphics, might be lightning problems) in HITMAN with my R9 270. The performance is good (at least in the tutorial mission), and I've played around with the various graphic settings, but nothing changes.
            I'm using Debian sid/unstable with mesa 17.0 from experimental on Linux 4.7 (4.8 and 4.9 stalls my AMD X6 1100, haven't tested 4.10).

Is this expected (on my kernel)? Am I the only one? Should I open a bug? Where - Square/Enix or mesa?

Comment

Is this expected (on my kernel)?
              Possibly, but there are tons of reasons why this could happen. What version of LLVM do you have?

As for kernel 4.9 stalling your CPU, I'd file a Debian bug first. The kernel itself should be running just fine on your system. Before that I personally wouldn't bother annoying the mesa guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Girolamo_Cavazzoni View Post
                Either there is a driver bug regarding low performance of GTX 680 (on par with GTX 950) or it is a bad idea to buy Nvidia's highend graphics cards in the long term.
                It could be both, but the latter tends to be true regardless - high-end GPUs in many (not all!) cases are poor investments. Typically, you're better off buying the cheapest GPU that reliably gives you the performance you need at your current display's resolution. That being said, if you have a 2K monitor with vsync, a GTX 1080 is a good buy. If you have a 1080p @ 60Hz monitor, buying a GTX 1080 is incredibly stupid.

Comment

Any GPU is a bad investment in the long term. And that is a good thing.

Comment

At least on the lower settings of 1080p the good old venerable GTX 680 still chugs along.

Comment

Working...
                    X