Valve Publishes A SteamVR Developer Build For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post

No coincidence. Croteam had to wait for Valve. Now that Valve woke up, Croteam could announce their thing as well.
    Well, clearly Croteam's announcement then Valve's a few days later are related. It is GDC I'm wondering about.

Khronos will be there. Maybe the required Vulkan extensions will get announced.

Comment

A sponsor huh? Be sure to note who the sponsor is, it's not a good idea to hide them. People need to know if it's a company (a little thing called ethics).

Comment

So Vulkan is a requirement for SteamVR eh? Awesome.. Can't wait to see the performance improvements on Radv and more Vulkan titles this year.

Comment

Finally, though kind of annoying that Vulkan is required (I wouldn't care if RADV supported GCN GPUs that aren't yet supported by amdgpu-pro...)

As far as I'm concerned, their Windows version is still beta-quality, so I'm not all that concerned about the stability in Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post

Khronos has not yet released the extensions to the public.

Dave.
            What did you mean by that? What extensions?

edit: oh, the other article... http://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...kan-Comparison
            Last edited by gsedej; 22 February 2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I guess I may have to sell my Oculus CV1 and get the Vive. Vive is suppose to have a hardware update in Spring. VR with Linux is important to me. Oculus does not care about VR with Linux. Their runtime use to work on Linux (back around 0.5) but not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by zboson View Post
                I guess I may have to sell my Oculus CV1 and get the Vive. Vive is suppose to have a hardware update in Spring. VR with Linux is important to me. Oculus does not care about VR with Linux. Their runtime use to work on Linux (back around 0.5) but not anymore.
                Any idea how the OSVR stuff is doing in steam?

Comment

Working...
                X