X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eydee
    replied
    Originally posted by anth View Post
    I wonder if it is just coincidence that this and the announcement from Croteam both came shortly before GDC which Valve have used in the past for some major announcements.
    No coincidence. Croteam had to wait for Valve. Now that Valve woke up, Croteam could announce their thing as well.

Leave a comment:

• anth
    replied
    I wonder if it is just coincidence that this and the announcement from Croteam both came shortly before GDC which Valve have used in the past for some major announcements.

Leave a comment:

• airlied
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

Grr they're using github for goodness sake, could they not put the code up as well as the binary?

I checked their mesa tree too and it's very old
    Khronos has not yet released the extensions to the public.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• chimpy
    replied
    Michael that's awesome. To think that in the near future you might have an AMD Ryzen + AMD Vega + HTC Vive review in the works; would be a great review.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    @Michael:

Valve is now providing a special radv Vulkan driver with VR extensions in their updated repo: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/SteamVR-for-Linux
    Grr they're using github for goodness sake, could they not put the code up as well as the binary?

I checked their mesa tree too and it's very old

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    @Michael:

Valve is now providing a special radv Vulkan driver with VR extensions in their updated repo: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/SteamVR-for-Linux

Leave a comment:

• Qaridarium
    replied
    Perfect choice Valve to only support the Opensource AMD driver !!! very good :-)

Just ignore the bullshit with the name AMDGPU-PRO/Catalyst.

in the end no on will even notice that something is missing.

Leave a comment:

• linuxjacques
    replied
    Great news! I'm looking forward to those linux Vive tests.

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Linux certainly has come a long way +1 to all the companies invested in making it happen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X