Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 2.2 Arrives, Still Prepping For The Direct3D Command Stream

Phoronix: Wine 2.2 Arrives, Still Prepping For The Direct3D Command Stream

Wine 2.2 is now available as the latest bi-weekly development release of Wine for running Windows programs on Linux and other operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maybe anyone know what stopping WINE-Stagind devs from merging this?
    Changes made since PR #303: Used wine coding style instead of Mesa's coding style Cleaned up configure script to check for headers and libs Replaced malloc/free where necessary Got rid of p...

Comment

Wine has been prepping for this feature for how many years now?

Comment

Gallium will never be merged into wine as long as it doesn't benefit corporate who cares about Mac support more than Linux since their income is mostly Mac WINE sales as I hear it.

Comment

Win7 as the default setting? I guess it makes sense from the "still supported OS" standpoint, but I don't think Wine is advanced enough to really advertise Win7-level of support...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Win7 as the default setting? I guess it makes sense from the "still supported OS" standpoint, but I don't think Wine is advanced enough to really advertise Win7-level of support...
            Probably less of that and more of "Setting the prefix to Win7 fixes a ton of issues in many known cases and it's reasonably stable enough to set as default"

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              Then set it back to < Win7 or stop using development releases.

Comment

In this wine version need for speed most wanted allow change settings in game without crash

Comment

What version of Windows does Wine identify as?
                  XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10?

Comment

XP but you can change that in winecfg

Comment

Working...
                    X