Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Said To Be Developing Three New VR Games

Phoronix: Valve Said To Be Developing Three New VR Games

Valve developers have been working to deliver Linux VR support and even significantly improving the AMDGPU+RadeonSI/RADV Linux driver stack for VR use-cases. Their motives are becoming more clear with Valve working on at least three new games making use of virtual reality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

3 VR Games you say!?

Half Life 3 CONFIRMED!

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
      3 vr games you say!?

Half life 3 confirmed!
      i want it!
      I want it!
      I want it!

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

i want it!
        I want it!
        I want it!
        So give it to me.

Comment

So that's why Gabe is so keen to knock RadV into shape quickly since they will all rely on steamVR using Vulkan...

Expect to see AMDGPU PRO dropped from steamOS within the next few months. Valve already mostly has the openGL featureset they need from MESA, so it's largely Vulkan work and performance remaining now... So this will represent a change where linux game devs now target the MESA drivers only, and no longer the proprietary for AMD.

Will be interesting to watch how this plays out with MESA once AMD opensources their vulkan driver.
          Last edited by humbug; 10 February 2017, 01:36 AM.

Comment

team fortress 3 and left for dead 3 would be awesome in VR cant wait to see what games they are actually making .. im excited

Comment

Sounds like a counter to Microsofts initiative releasing these 6 exclusive DX12 games all at once

Comment

Valve able to count until 3 - in a virtual reality at least

Comment

What does 3 mean when Valve says it? According to their counting system numbers go:
                  1 2 2.1 2.2 ...
                  does this mean that they'll be launching infinitely many games in order to reach the limit as iterations go to infinity in order to finally get to 3?

Comment

Meanwhile, CSGO still runs like shit on Linux.

Comment

Working...
                    X