Counter VR Strike
    Half Life 3
    Portal 3
    Team Fortress 3
    Left For Dead 3
    DOTA 3
    Alien Swarm 2

Of course, the one without a "3" in their names are more likely

More seriously, my guess is a Left For Dead 3 (or similar), and an expanded version of the Unity game they were working on (I don't think it was "The Lab", but I can't recall the name right now). For the third, guesses are open, but a Portal-themed game seems more likely.
    And I still think that Ricochet in VR would be a good fit

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
      Meanwhile, CSGO still runs like shit on Linux.
      Just disable HRTF audio and report.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
        Just disable HRTF audio and report.
        I did. FPS still dropping to 30's/40's/50's while using the Radeon Kernel driver, and drops from 60's to 80's/90's while using AMDGPU. Everything on the lowest graphical setting possible.

On Windows, every graphical setting to maximum (AA at 8X, HRTF on for sound) = minimum of 150 FPS at intense shootings, otherwise usually between 250 and 300.

It's just a terrible port. Or Mesa is terrible with this game. And mesa 17 didn't bring changes in performance to it, one of the most played competitive games out there.
        Last edited by Amarildo; 10 February 2017, 06:54 AM.

Comment

I did. FPS still dropping to 30's/40's/50's while using the Radeon Kernel driver, and drops from 60's to 80's/90's while using AMDGPU.
          How do you mean that? My RX 480 runs at ~200-300 FPS with AMDGPU+RadeonSI Mesa 17 from the Padoka-PPA with max. Details, 1440p. I don't get any FPS drops when HRTF is deactivated.
          There is also a driver called AMDGPU-PRO that also stacks on the AMDGPU kernel module from the AMD website which is not recommended for gaming.

Comment

I did. FPS still dropping to 30's/40's/50's while using the Radeon Kernel driver, and drops from 60's to 80's/90's while using AMDGPU. Everything on the lowest graphical setting possible.

On Windows, every graphical setting to maximum (AA at 8X, HRTF on for sound) = minimum of 150 FPS at intense shootings, otherwise usually between 250 and 300.

It's just a terrible port. Or Mesa is terrible with this game. And mesa 17 didn't bring changes in performance to it, one of the most played competitive games out there.
            #mesaisterriblewiththisgame
            I Get 350fps on CSGO Linux on Novideo with a Windows version running at 250fps on a side in my windows VM.

Comment

There is 3 games being developed at Valve, not 2 or 4? What the hell is going on there? Is Gabe dead and the company is being controlled by the Illuminati?

Comment

It would be very smart of valve to develop Half-Life 3 with special VR treatment (obviously it won't be VR exclusive), having the ability to manipulate the environment in VR would be pretty good, give some special functions to VR owners perhaps? I mean Valve wants to increase the VR market and HL3 would certainly help with that, and its a moderate pace game that would work in VR (some of the others just have too much happening).,

Comment

Originally posted by GreenByte View Post

#mesaisterriblewiththisgame
                  I Get 350fps on CSGO Linux on Novideo with a Windows version running at 250fps on a side in my windows VM.
                  "with a windows version" :P That probably explains it.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post

How do you mean that? My RX 480 runs at ~200-300 FPS with AMDGPU+RadeonSI Mesa 17 from the Padoka-PPA with max. Details, 1440p. I don't get any FPS drops when HRTF is deactivated.
                    There is also a driver called AMDGPU-PRO that also stacks on the AMDGPU kernel module from the AMD website which is not recommended for gaming.
                    Your card is way newer and receives a lot more attention. Mine (R9 270X) is a disgrace under Linux, one of the reasons I seriously consider going to NVIDIA for the time being (I thought of selling this card and buying a GTX 760).

Comment

Meanwhile, CSGO still runs like shit on Linux.
                      That's got probably more to do with the drivers than the game itself..

I'm running a i5-4680K & GTX 960, my average FPS in heavy shooting scenarios in dust 2 / inferno / mirage is 150+. In heavier maps like Overpass and Cache it's ~90-120.

Comment

Working...
                      X