Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization VI Now Available For Linux

Phoronix: Civilization VI Now Available For Linux

The Linux port of Civilization VI by Aspyr Media has finally been released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nowhere on the Steam page does it say that Linux version wouldn't be compatible with Windows in MP. Did they fix that in time for the release?

Comment

No GOG release?

Comment

I'll be delivering many GPU benchmarks shortly.
        Do not forget CPU boundware benchmark, as we can all guess this is one of these.

Comment

While only NVIDIA graphics are officially supported, RadeonSI should work fine if using a newer build.
          Sorry Aspyr, I don't care about "should work", I'm not spending my money until RadeonSI is officialy supported.

Comment

Originally posted by Otus View Post
            Nowhere on the Steam page does it say that Linux version wouldn't be compatible with Windows in MP. Did they fix that in time for the release?
            According to their twitter, there is no windows / os x and linux crossplay yet. They're working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by LEW21 View Post

Sorry Aspyr, I don't care about "should work", I'm not spending my money until RadeonSI is officialy supported.
              You shouldn't be mad at Aspyr for the general worse state of the AMD drivers... It's not their job to fix the drivers too.

Comment

Bought and downloading now. Will let you know how I get on with my Tonga using LLVM & Mesa from git

Comment

This should also work on higher-end Intel (5200/6200/540/550/580/630), but I'm curious how well.

Comment

Originally posted by FishPls View Post

You shouldn't be mad at Aspyr for the general worse state of the AMD drivers... It's not their job to fix the drivers too.
                    Two years ago you were right. Right now - AMD drivers are the better ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X