Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HITMAN On Linux Will Work With Mesa 13.0+ Or NVIDIA

Phoronix: HITMAN On Linux Will Work With Mesa 13.0+ Or NVIDIA

Feral announced earlier this week they are releasing HITMAN for Linux while today they have just published the system requirements for the Linux port...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...x-Requirements

Looks like I upgraded to my AMD R9 380X + Mesa (been a NVIDIA user for years) at the right time.

I know it won't always be the smoothest ride but having the performance in many games that I have right now on OSS drivers is simply awesome.

Comment

HITMAN on Linux states the minimum requirement is a GeForce GTX 680 or a Radeon R9 270X. But the recommendation is a GeForce GTX 970 or Radeon R9 290. HITMAN on Windows recommends a GTX 770 / R9 290 and the minimum requirement there is a GTX 660 / HD 7870 when using its Direct3D renderer.
      So 30% faster hardware required again... they don't need to write requirements i can guess that easely

So 70% on nvidia and 50% on AMD hardware, summa summarum average 60% alcohol is better than nothing
      Last edited by dungeon; 02-09-2017, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Interesting that amd has the lower requirements. And that the Recommendation is the same as on win. Sounds like a good port

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
          Looks like I upgraded to my AMD R9 380X + Mesa (been a NVIDIA user for years) at the right time.

I know it won't always be the smoothest ride but having the performance in many games that I have right now on OSS drivers is simply awesome.
          Running on a R9-290 for quite some time and except 2 stubborn games that insist on Windows I really enjoy my latest acquired games in Fedora (Cities Skylines) and soon CIV VI and uh ... Hitman ^^
          Welcome abord!

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            So 30% faster hardware required again...
            290 recommended is exactly the same and minimum 270x is a renamed 7870
            Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            So 70% on nvidia and 50% on AMD hardware, summa summarum average 60% alcohol is better than nothing
            you should stop abusing alcohol

Comment

Working...
            X