Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croteam Bringing Vulkan & Linux Support To More Of Their Games

Phoronix: Croteam Bringing Vulkan & Linux Support To More Of Their Games

Croteam is working on a "Serious Fusion 2017 update" that for ALL of their games will feature Linux/SteamOS/OSX support along with Vulkan support, among other improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Croteam is awesome.

I wonder if they have any plans to open-source / allow people to freely use their latest engine? Serious Engine 4 iirc.

Comment

If they would port 'Serious Sam (1) : The Second Encounter' to Linux (no VR) i would buy it.
      It had very nice Gameplay technics at release (Wallwalk like later in id Software/Human Head Studios : Prey)

Comment

That is very cool... someone should edit wikipedia's article to add these as upcoming VK games i guess

Comment

It is all said on the source blog post:
          We’re announcing Serious Sam Fusion 2017, a FREE update for all owners of Serious Sam games, both flat and VR versions. This update will be rolled out gradually, starting with The First Encounter, and then The Second Encounter and Serious Sam 3: BFE.
          And then about the Fusion 2017 update:
          All games now support SteamOS/Linux/OSX!
          Which means we'll get the first two Serious Sam games on Linux! Can't wait to play these again!

Comment

Originally posted by Pranos View Post
            If they would port 'Serious Sam (1) : The Second Encounter' to Linux (no VR) i would buy it.
            These has source released:

http://www.croteam.com/serious-sam-s...code-released/

Also there is a Linux port:

An open source version of a game engine developed by Croteam for the classic Serious Sam games. - icculus/Serious-Engine

But that linux port is buggy, as forever was

Originally posted by omer666 View Post
            Which means we'll get the first two Serious Sam games on Linux! Can't wait to play these again!
            I don't think they will touch original first two these has source released, but more likely HD versions of these i guess
            Last edited by dungeon; 08 February 2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

oh, I have SS HD collection on Steam .... SWEET !!!! Go Croteam !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                These has source released:

http://www.croteam.com/serious-sam-s...code-released/

Also there is a Linux port:

An open source version of a game engine developed by Croteam for the classic Serious Sam games. - icculus/Serious-Engine

But that linux port is buggy, as forever was
                Yea, I know that the original source was released, but i dont own the old Windows Discs anymore (its was many years ago), and i will not buy the Windows (Steam) releases.
                Native Linux Release or no buy is my attitiude.

Comment

Originally posted by Pranos View Post
                  Yea, I know that the original source was released, but i dont own the old Windows Discs anymore (its was many years ago), and i will not buy the Windows (Steam) releases.
                  Buy them from GoG then both for $7.5, sometimes it might be even $3

https://www.gog.com/game/serious_sam...irst_encounter

These works with wine or you can use source form github and voila you have it native (altough buggy somewhat)

Comment

Always very impressed when a company these days has the nads to provide support releases for games they've already made most of the money from. This is an excellent kind of maintenance as well. This means that I'll be able to experience all this stuff on my main machine.

Comment

Working...
                    X