Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civilization VI Is Shipping For Linux This Week, NVIDIA Support - AMD Works With Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I almost bought UT3 because it was coming to Linux really, really soon. The Linux client just missed the Windows launch train.
    If you know what I mean.
    If you believe it or not is up to you. I have no reason to believe that Aspyr would be lying on this.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

If you believe it or not is up to you. I have no reason to believe that Aspyr would be lying on this.
      Oh, I don't think they're lying. I just wouldn't bet $60 they'll follow through. I'd rather wait first.
      NB That's only if you're into multi-player. Civ VI is probably more than enjoyable in single player anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        Imagine they releasing Borderlands 2 not in 2014. but today... it would be again not supported on opensource AMD
        Couldn't care less about Borderlands. The Linux version of Civ 5 had both AMD support and cross-platform multiplayer. So I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by Otus View Post
          Couldn't care less about Borderlands. The Linux version of Civ 5 had both AMD support and cross-platform multiplayer. So I bought it.
          Of course there are thousands of other games as always... You are also free to ignore claimed support and buy it to make it run, to see what is so bad and improve it as always

Nothing could stop you if demand or desire is so high
          Last edited by dungeon; 07 February 2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            You are also free to ignore claimed support and buy it to make it run, to see what is so bad and improve it as always
            Sure. I would at least consider buying if lack of official AMD support was all. But there is no way I can improve its multiplayer to work with Windows...

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

They clarified on GamingOnLinux that cross-platform multiplayer with Windows will come, it just didn't make it into the release version and will be added afterwards.
              This happened with every new Windows patch with Civ5 & CivBE, each time we'd need to wait on the update getting ported to the Linux and Mac clients. Until that happened multiplayer was limited to people that had the same game version

Comment

Working...
              X