Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow of Mordor Updated For Linux With Performance Improvements

Phoronix: Shadow of Mordor Updated For Linux With Performance Improvements

For those Linux gamers interested in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, a new Linux update is available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It isn't a bug, it's a feature. They probably don't like being compared to the Windows version.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor has a benchmark feature that can be run from the command line. If you’re having trouble with any of our games you can email [email protected] and the team there can look into it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jith_feral View Post
        Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor has a benchmark feature that can be run from the command line. If you’re having trouble with any of our games you can email [email protected] and the team there can look into it for you.
        Interesting. Thanks, just did. Last time I checked there didn't seem to be any working support.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Was this title CPU bottlenecked before the patch?

Comment

Interesting - with surround sound support and better performance, I may consider getting this game. Also good to know additional mouse buttons were added, I wasn't aware that was an issue.

Comment

fixed forcing VSync with the AMD Mesa stack
              When I was looking at buying this game it was nvidia only, I guess that's not the case anymore? Does anyone know if this game will run decently on an RX 480?

Comment

Originally posted by damg View Post

When I was looking at buying this game it was nvidia only, I guess that's not the case anymore? Does anyone know if this game will run decently on an RX 480?
                I've played it on a M395X (tonga) using the open driver - so it should work on the 480 just fine

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                  Was this title CPU bottlenecked before the patch?
                  Yes, it was.

Comment

Originally posted by damg View Post

Several games that Feral have ported were released and noted only Nvidia support, but as AMD support has been improving recently (Radeon, AMDGPU and AMDGPUPRO kernel drivers as well as Mesa's RadeonSI and AMDGPUPRO's userspace driver have all been improving), Feral have increased their efforts to support AMD. Some people here on this forum are still not satisfied but things are improving and lately the rate of improvement has been pretty decent in my mind. I mean, a lot of the improvement is coming from AMD, Redhat and other independent developers, not Feral themselves, but if it allows Feral to officially support AMD on Linux, that's good, too. And when Feral do some of the development work themselves, even better.

Here's another recent article about another game Feral ported to Linux that has gotten some significant performance boosts recently: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nuary-2017-RSI
                    Last edited by Holograph; 26 January 2017, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X