Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• david_lynch
    replied
    This is timely - I've been interested in clear linux due to the high performance, and so I'll be installing it on my new Dell box. I appreciate that there are currently some workarounds required, but I suspect as clear becomes more mainstream, the bumps in the road will be addressed, just as they were with early Linux.

Leave a comment:

• suberimakuri
    replied
    Yorgos, I'm not fazed even if so.
    clear Linux sounds like a possible option for my Intel laptop so I've been following these posts.
    I've seen Michael many times offer and complete testing for premium Members, maybe that poster wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• Yorgos
    replied
    I wonder if you are getting paid or sth, to promote this thing.
    if it was just to give ppl a good distro and help them you could do it with promoting gentoo and giving them the chance to have the same optimizations for every machine....
    Especially for those who tinker around with many cpus, intel amd and arm, these distros are, how ppl say it, pos.

A couple of days ago a dude asked you to make some particular benchmarks, and you told him that those won't make you revenue, thus doesn't worth your does! Does this produce you revenue? Prolly yes. Does this topic have more hits than a benchmark article? No!
    So it seems that you make reveneu beyond ads on the clorox linux

Leave a comment:

• Passso
    replied
    And that is the case since the launch of Steam on numerous distros including (still!) Ubuntu...

This 32b/64b mess should be fixed once for all, I am pretty sure we loose 50% of Linux gamers because the workaround is basically impossible for a beginner

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    A few more steps might be needed too:

swupd bundle-add os-core-dev

cd /usr/lib
    ln -s /usr/lib32/ld-2.24.so .
    ldconfig

Leave a comment:

• M@yeulC
    replied
    I believe you could either install the latest steam beta updates (which favors system libraries), or launch steam with STEAM_RUNTIME=0
    Of course, on the flip side, you need to install the libraries (both 32 and 64 bits) needed by Steam.
    On Arch, there is a steam-native package; but hopefully we won't need those workarounds once the beta graduates into stable.

Not saying this for you in particular, but there are always people looking for this fix here and there.

Leave a comment:

• Here's How To Setup Clear Linux For Intel Steam Linux Gaming

Phoronix: Here's How To Setup Clear Linux For Intel Steam Linux Gaming

A few weeks back we learned of Intel's Clear Linux distribution working towards Steam support. While Clear Linux is a performance-oriented workstation/server/cloud distribution, repeatedly in our tests it performs among the top Linux distributions even when it comes to Intel OpenGL Linux gaming, so being able to game with it isn't a far stretch with Steam support -- there is also Vulkan support now too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X