Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetroPlayer Gaming Support Coming To Kodi 18, Mir Support

Phoronix: RetroPlayer Gaming Support Coming To Kodi 18, Mir Support

While Kodi 17 "Krypton" hasn't even shipped yet, feature work is building already for Kodi 18 "Leia" and it sure should excite those wanting to play games from their HTPC...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They started to push too hard for touchscreens and the graphical inteface looks like crap now on kodi 17, even the one who is not intended for touchscreens.
    It's something like Windows 8' metro.
    I hate that designers don't understand that horizontal lists are a pain in the ass to navigate through.
    Not to mention that for people with "tunnel vision" these are even worse.

Comment

Yeah it's gross and no easy access to files (directories), so have to go into movies, then up dir, up dir, up dir?

I wonder if a theme out there has old layout?
      UPDATE: Looks like confluence skin is still available, I'll check later and switch back for sure.

Playing movie interface is clean though.
      Last edited by suberimakuri; 17 January 2017, 03:12 PM. Reason: confluence!

Comment

Originally posted by suberimakuri View Post
        Yeah it's gross and no easy access to files (directories), so have to go into movies, then up dir, up dir, up dir?
        You can use the "Videos" entry in the main menu, which will give you direct access to files and directories.

Personally I have deactivated the "Movies" and "TV Shows" entries in the main menu and only enabled the "Videos" entry. I have then created a couple of media sources; "Movies", "TV Shows", etc. pointing to the directories of my choice.

Comment

Oh great, thanks Kenni, I really should have looked into it more before posting.
          Will do tonight.

Comment

Lol, this is 100 times more exciting than the Switch launch...

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
              Lol, this is 100 times more exciting than the Switch launch...
              Lol I had to google this. For those that don't get it, he means the Nintendo Switch.

Comment

Working...
              X