Radeon Ubuntu Linux Users Have A Lot To Gain By Upgrading Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Using a RX470, I have issues with mesa git sometimes. But mesa stable is very good with me, no problems at all in Source games.
    if i use padoka stable ppa (currently mesa 13.0.3) i've a problem with some gtk apps, colors are strange.
    for example image with eog, or buttons in gimp or ccsm.
    instead with mesa git padoka ppa i haven't this problem

Comment

Originally posted by Dea1993 View Post

if i use padoka stable ppa (currently mesa 13.0.3) i've a problem with some gtk apps, colors are strange.
      for example image with eog, or buttons in gimp or ccsm.
      instead with mesa git padoka ppa i haven't this problem
      He updated mesa stable yesterday with 13.0.3. There was a good amount of fixes, maybe your problem got away.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

He updated mesa stable yesterday with 13.0.3. There was a good amount of fixes, maybe your problem got away.
        no i've already updated, but problem isn't solved, now i'm using mesa 17 (padoka devel)

Comment

Since we are talking about radeonsi, somebody knows how to skip driver check in Feral or other ports? It's getting annoying now, since the games play just fine and I only need that warning once, not every time I want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicronic View Post
            One guy reported mud lighting isn't rendered correctly in Portal 2 so all source games don't work? Good troll.
            Translation, " Hur durr dur durrrr hur durrrrrrr goodth trollth (lisp for accuracy)"

Listed in this thread (https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...t-work-for-you) are;

Dying Light
            Cities: Skylines
            Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-alpha
            Rust
            XCOM 2
            CS:GO
            L4D2
            ShellShock Live
            Alien Isolation
            Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
            Tyranny of eternity
            Pillars of eternity
            Strike Suit Zero,
            BattleBlock Theater
            Hero Siege
            X3:TC
            X3:AP
            Portal Stories: Mel
            Planetary Annihilation
            Hitman GO
            Rocket League
            Dungeons II
            The Dwarves
            Mad Max
            Portal 2

And that is just 3 out of 6 pages of games with issues on radeon. Many of the games literally top sellers on Steam, no big deal.

Let me translate that for you, "Hur dur duuur durrr LERTS OF GERRMES! BROKTHEN! hur dur dur hur durrrr". There, you should understand now.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
              And that is just 3 out of 6 pages of games with issues on radeon. Many of the games literally top sellers on Steam, no big deal.

Let me translate that for you, "Hur dur duuur durrr LERTS OF GERRMES! BROKTHEN! hur dur dur hur durrrr". There, you should understand now.
              OK, so you meant "radeonsi" rather than "radeon" then. Got it, thanks.
              Test signature

Comment

That's a lot of upgrades from mesa 12.0

X3:AP and planetary annihilation not working for radeonsi? ouchie. You guys are missing out, oh my and Xcom 2 and alien isolation too? Jesus...

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                  I don't know why anyone using Radeon would care. According to that other thread, even Source games don't work on the radeon driver. What the fuck is there even to play to benefit that better performance? Lol, quake 1 from 500 to 600 fps.
                  https://www.gamingonlinux.com/users/statistics indicates that most AMD Linux users stand to benefit from better open source driver performance.

Comment

Great article Michael. I would like to see Dying Light title in your future tests (I can only run it using AMDGPU-PRO) as it still lags behind Windows for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by peroludiarom View Post
                      Great article Michael. I would like to see Dying Light title in your future tests (I can only run it using AMDGPU-PRO) as it still lags behind Windows for some reason.
                      As far as I know Dying Light doesn't have any automated/reproducible benchmarking mode (if it does, please advise)... Without such support, it won't be tested.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X