Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Gamers: What Linux Games Still Don't Work For You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSGO have a lot of dips and stuttering while spraying, literally unplayable in competitive mode. Tested with radeonsi r9 290, 390x and 280x. The game runs smoother with an nvidia gtx285+closed despite having lower fps.

PLEASE VOLVO:
    *do a stalker port for linux (x-ray is open)
    *ask 4A Games for Metro tessellation in linux
    *some dx11 terascale vga are capped to ogl3.3, pls consider helping them reach ogl 4.1 (at least)

Comment

Dying Light and Shellshock Live are the two games that do not work for me with my R9-270x using the latest Radeon-Git
      Last edited by gururise; 10 January 2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Penguin View Post
        Dying Light
        Yeah, Dying Light: bought it a couple years ago and never been able to play it. Sent everything to the devs that they asked for to troubleshoot it (I got a personal response from their support staff asking for details) and never got a response. What a bunch of gits.

Comment

Originally posted by prazola View Post
          CSGO have a lot of dips and stuttering while spraying, literally unplayable in competitive mode. Tested with radeonsi r9 290, 390x and 280x. The game runs smoother with an nvidia gtx285+closed despite having lower fps.
          On my setup CS:GO feels really nice nowdays, but I know what you mean...
          Tried doing:
          for cpu in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor; do echo performance > $cpu; done
          ?
          What settings?

Comment

Originally posted by papu
            there are not steam amdgpu suport on gentoo, i don't know in others gnu/linux , and so it not start.
            --Intel i5 6600 --GA-Z170-HD3 --Skill Ripjaws V 16GB dd4 2400--Radeon r9 270 -- Dual boot: ~Gentoo & Windows
            That's a problem with your setup, not really relevant to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

And the shader cache thing, PLEASE, take care of it. Trine 3 and Deus Ex takes MINUTES to load because there is no cache, and Valve source games take a long time to load levels because of it.
              Yes they take minutes WITH A SSD, I cannot imagine how people can play them with an HD...

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
                Yes they take minutes WITH A SSD, I cannot imagine how people can play them with an HD...
                SSD or HDD does not matter there at all, once cached Trine 3 loads in 1 second when you have shader cache even when with slowest HDD... i tried that with fglrx and even took slow 5400RPM mobile HDD to compare what will happen... and nothing, it is just disk shader cache feature who do all the magic there

ShaderCache and threadedGL are must have enhancement perf features... i think i said that maybe 2 years ago or something, but when this thread provoke me that i will say it again... does not cost nothing

I even predicted that AMD will wait for Zen to hide a need for threadedGL That was a joke back then, but hey we are there - all my jokes usually become reality - for some features we just need to wait enough so that they just became "i don't care" deprecated
                Last edited by dungeon; 10 January 2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

The game SNOW doesn't load for me, just shows a black screen. It's free so should be easy to test. This happens on both i915 and amdgpu drivers

Comment

Hearts of Iron IV. The oibaf's PPA Mesa driver do not work with a RX480 but the AMDGPU-PRO drivers does. (a bug with enabling 3D trees and zooming out)

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

It wouldn't make much difference, since the slowness is because of the shaders compiling, not drive load speed. Once the shaders are compiled, the next time you load that game it will take what is in the disk cache, instead of try to compile again, greatly speeding up load times.

In my experience, not all games benefit from a SSD. Others thought, will load in a blink of a eye, like the Metro games.

Comment

Working...
                      X