Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Gamers: What Linux Games Still Don't Work For You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second for Battleblock Theatre. Also Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition.

Comment

I can also add X3:TC and X3:AP - it has very low FPS while there is any menu window open in the game.
      The other one that doesn't work for me is The Talos Principle (HD 7850 with radeonsi)

Comment

Portal Stories: Mel shows the character's hands and arms as full black. This on Fedora 25 with the latest mesa git, HD7850.

Comment

I use the Padoka stable ppa with RX 480, Devuan ASCII.

Planetary Annihilation(currently unplayable): I see Artifacts but no Planet. Only the interface is rendered correctly.

Hitman GO: Definitive Edition(currently unplayable): Game launches and closes immediately without displaying something.

Tropico 5(currently unplayable):
          1. all I get is a black screen until I open the game with "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 %command%". Or any other GL version that suits, seems to have a minor impact on how often it freezes etc.
          2. doing that the game launches but suddenly hangs for a long time again and again or freezes completely.
          3. 1080p as resolution does go well over 60hz but WQHD doesn't.

The Dwarves(currently unplayable): long hangs or freezes, very soon. Seems to depend slightly on the GL version when one overrides it.

Dungeons II(currently unplayable): long hangs or freezes, very soon. Seems to depend slightly on the GL version when one overrides it.

Rocket League: Extreme stuttering, the game is barely playable with low settings, but with disadvantages. Seems to be related to the loading of textures.

Mad Max: Bit uneven FPS, some stuttering that seems to be related to the loading of textures.

I would suggest to start looking for the hang- reasons as they seem to be closely related and also making textures load faster when my feeling doesn't fool me...

Comment

Seems there is differing degrees of issues for allot of games still. I assume Mesa-Git is the best way to test things as it gets latest fixes?!

1) Game doesn't work and crashes
            2) Game loads but has specific graphical issues
            3) Game works but has significant low FPS issues
            4) Some or All of the above

I won't have another AMD card until VEGA comes out, otherwise I would contribute to Valves questionnaire as I tend to collect a lot of different Linux games that 'dirty casuals' just don't play.

Comment

FYI: You probably should list what graphics card you are using as well as the game.
              And probably which version of mesa/kernel or if you don't know that which distro/version you are using.

Comment

Originally posted by java_is_garbage View Post
                Cities: Skylines: During night, all light sources (cars and street lights) show a glowing hexagonal shape around them.
                This is also true on Radeon R9 390, however, it doesn't occur when playing the Windows version of the game via wine. Can be worth investigating how wine handles things differently from radeonsi to understand why this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
                  Portal Stories: Mel shows the character's hands and arms as full black. This on Fedora 25 with the latest mesa git, HD7850.
                  Portal 2 too. IIRC Nicolai Hähnle debbugged this issue and basically found out it was a game error. It should be fixed on Valve's end. (I know Source 1 games aren't getting that much love apart from CSGO and TF2 but would be great if someone from Valve could take a look at it )

Can't find the bug report of it now. I'll keep looking.

Edit: Found the reports. This is the same issue you experienced, and confirmed a game bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=96512 this is another one in Portal 2, except it's with the mud rendering. Looks like it might be the same issue. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=98002
                  Last edited by FishPls; 09 January 2017, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I'm sure everyone has a list. There is Liam over at GOL with https://www.gamingonlinux.com/wiki/Mesa_Broken and also all the bug reports on https://bugs.freedesktop.org/

Not sure if people can contribute to that Wiki (yes you can just register) but having a easy to read list like it would be handy Vs 10,000 separate lists.
                    Last edited by theriddick; 09 January 2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                      Seems there is differing degrees of issues for allot of games still. I assume Mesa-Git is the best way to test things as it gets latest fixes?!
                      Definitely. But I don't personally have the time for it and I think many more "casual" people also. I just went through my 68 Linux games and remembered those I had issues with, loaded and tested them quickly.

Of course I sometimes contributed to the freedesktop bugtracker but I'll have a look at the Mesa_Broken list as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X