Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Gamers: What Linux Games Still Don't Work For You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post

It happens until you have 5 approved posts, in order to reduce spam bots from registering and posting junk. Welcome!
    I think it should only be necessary 3 approved posts... after all, third time's the charm!

Comment

The only game in my library that has issues (aside from low performance in all of them) is Sublevel Zero. I get white blinking lights all over the screen.

Comment

rbdoom3bfg engine for Doom 3.

quake2xp engine for Quake 2.

Comment

Heavy Gear Assault crashes on my rx460 never worked .
          Space Hulk Ascension crashes with latest git.

Comment

Just Fri, for those who say they're on latest git Mesa, there was a regression that hit me this weekend, but was fixed by a revert by Kenneth Graunke. When I re-pasted last night, GRID Autosport stopped defaulting on level loads, and the settings screen started showing uncorrupted again.

This had all worked fine middle of last week, broke around Friday, and was fixed by Sunday... Not sure where the oibaf and padoka repositories are for their latest builds

Comment

This is going to be difficult to parse. Couldn't we open a tracker at mesamatrix.net or gearsongallium.com instead?

Not using radeonSI myself, but I would have a couple of games to point out under r600 (even graphical glitches in rocket league).

Comment

Originally posted by java_is_garbage View Post
                I have a 7950, and these are the problems with games I have currently (On Arch with Mesa 13.0.3):

Cities: Skylines: During night, all light sources (cars and street lights) show a glowing hexagonal shape around them.

Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-alpha (11/11/2016 0.1.6): When changing character models in player options, graphics freezes completely for a while, then displays static with a flickering box on it and either the kernel panics (from radeonsi) or X restarts after a while. Also some textures are completely black every now and then but I don't know whether that has anything to do with radeonsi.

Rust: Character shows up as bright blue, tree trunks are green and foliage is pink.

Tropico 5: Requires a workaround to not start with a black screen
                (Have to put this to launch options: MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.0 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=400 %command%)

I can tell you about Cities: try to put on steam this option to running on set launch options: -force-opengl
                that fix my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by raonlinux View Post

I can tell you about Cities: try to put on steam this option to running on set launch options: -force-opengl
                  that fix my problem.
                  When I use that option I get a solid pink screen. One of the updates to Cities last month broke it.

Comment

Originally posted by smirky View Post
                    DOOM doesn't work on RX 480 + AMDGPU (mesa) + RADV.
                    the question was about radeonsi which is not radv. radv status is known due to lack of games

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                      Right now just about everything I play runs flawlessly on my R9 290 with radeonSI... except Rocket League. There is already a bug report on this:

In summary, the game will freeze for several seconds at a time as it is loading in resources. It will do this after every match and every time you load any menu. The game, to my knowledge, is based on the Unreal 3 engine. amdgpu-pro and fglrx are, according to others, not affected by the bug.
                      I can confirm this bug 100%

Comment

Working...
                      X