Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Gamers: What Linux Games Still Don't Work For You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People already said Dying Light. From the same developer, Dead Island starts but crashes before the gameplay begins with radeonsi.

Some Valve games, like CS:GO and L4D2 are unstable in current mesa git, at last in my machine (RX470 with radeonsi).

And the shader cache thing, PLEASE, take care of it. Trine 3 and Deus Ex takes MINUTES to load because there is no cache, and Valve source games take a long time to load levels because of it.

Comment

ShellShock Live didn't even start the last time I tried it. I tested it on 7950 after mesa reached GL 4.5.
      Also, I had to modify the assembly of Rust once in order for it not to crash after a few seconds in the menu (it had something to do with ARB_fbo vs EXT_fbo IIRC), might have been fixed since.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        People already said Dying Light. From the same developer, Dead Island starts but crashes before the gameplay begins with radeonsi.

Some Valve games, like CS:GO and L4D2 are unstable in current mesa git, at last in my machine (RX470 with radeonsi).

And the shader cache thing, PLEASE, take care of it. Trine 3 and Deus Ex takes MINUTES to load because there is no cache, and Valve source games take a long time to load levels because of it.
        Alien Isolation takes a while to load plus the performance is low (tested with a Fury X).

Comment

It's weird - I have heard from others about Trine 3 taking forever to load, but it takes much less than a minute for me. Instead, I get a different problem with it, where it forces my screen refresh rate to be 24Hz. But, I blame that on the game itself, not the drivers.

Comment

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. Seems to be game fault. See https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=93551 … for info and hack.

Comment

Great news!

I'm running Debian testing using a RX480 and have problems with:
              * Train Valley starts and works but parts of the graphics are black. I think I read there was a patch that fixed similar issues in another game so I hope Linux 4.10 or the next mesa will fix it.
              * Train Fever crashes when starting a new game.
              * Eador doesn't start.

My biggest problem with Steam is the lack of good instructions on how to install and run. It's easier with the new Beta that automatically uses system libraries, before it broke after every update. So I understand why the market share stays bellow 1% since you really have to love Linux to put up with all the problems.
              Last edited by oskar-n; 10 January 2017, 03:45 AM. Reason: Added RX480

Comment

Both tyranny and pillars of eternity crash on launch with mesa 13.1

Comment

using radeonsi and a AMD R9 275X there is one 'larger' issue with XCOM 2: The game and each map take at least 8 minutes to load. I think that's a GPU/driver issue as the game's files are on a SSD and I've 6core CPU with 3.8 GHz.

Divinity Original Sin Extended Edition doesn't work. Last thing I heared people said it's more of a bug in Divinity - but FGLRX was able to run the game, thus it's, at least in my eyes, a driver issue.

Comment

Strike Suit Zero, BattleBlock Theater, Hero Siege.

Comment

Divinity Original Sin Enhanced. It needs heavy hacks to work.

Comment

Working...
                      X