• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But, but... Vulkan! Or something.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
      But, but... Vulkan! Or something.
      People were saying that things would get much better once Steam Machines were released. So much for that!

Oh well... I haven't booted my Windows system [for gaming] in years.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post

People were saying that things would get much better once Steam Machines were released. So much for that!

Oh well... I haven't booted my Windows system [for gaming] in years.
        Atleast the steambox hype and the steam runtime made more linux games possible

Comment

I've been periodically testing out Steam on Linux with my AMD 7850 - not exactly the best video card for this purpose, but it's what I've got. Results? Over the last year, the FPS I've been seeing in games in up, although still considerably below Windows 7 on the same hardware, but graphics quality has dropped *a lot* - I'm blaming a bug in AMD's latest drivers for that one, but if this happened under Windows there would be a massive outcry, and we can't hold Linux to different standard for no good reason. I can understand why Linux is losing gamers when you're effectively throwing away performance and in-game experience by ditching Windows. Still going to keep testing it out every now and then though, and switching to Nvidia for my next graphics card for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

What? No comment telling people to write their drivers with rust? Disappointing..
            The Rust team consists of a decent number of computer scientists with PhDs. Meanwhile, you on the other hand haven't contributed any code on GitHub in the last 4 years, and you think you know better?

Comment

The steamos hype is over

Comment

I just hope Apple gets their mac division back up to speed. Diminishing numbers there won't help with linux ports either.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                  The Rust team consists of a decent number of computer scientists with PhDs. Meanwhile, you on the other hand haven't contributed any code on GitHub in the last 4 years, and you think you know better?
                  GitHub contributions aren't correlated with technical ability.

I don't know the guy but can we really judge his merits based on GitHub?

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                    The steamos hype is over
                    Yeah it is. But i am sure when it was still hyped it helped some games to get a linux "port".

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post

GitHub contributions aren't correlated with technical ability.

I don't know the guy but can we really judge his merits based on GitHub?
                      Yeah something very easy to say for someone with no job. I literally dont have the energy to make the contributions i want to.

Comment

Working...
                      X