No announcement yet.

Feral Now Officially Supports AMD GPUs With Mesa For XCOM 2 On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO the thread scope is Ferrel, XCom, and their work on AMDGPU.

Limiting discussion serves no purpose except to make Phoronix users ditch this forum in favour of a less critical place like /r/linux

Also lets be real this is a forum not a wiki or Stack overflow with nested comments.

Comment

I love that they are going back and indicating that AMDGPU is supported for older titles. This is a big relief IMO, as I was worried this wouldn't be a thing, and a bunch of games would only officially support Nvidia forever despite (post-launch) running fine on alternatives.

There are a few GNU/Linux games with requirements that don't list AMD GPUs which I have avoided (at least until they drop price significantly so I don't feel so bad if they don't work), but now knowing Feral will update them when possible makes such decisions much easier. Nice work Feral!

Comment

Originally posted by Holograph View Post
        I doubt Feral will read this post, but thanks.
        Hello, I am reading your post! No probs, keep playing and we will keep doing porting magic

Comment

I hope they fix the performance on XCom1 also, so far that was horrible, barely playable (10-15 fps minimum detail, random crashing after max 0,5h playing) on my machine where the windows version (hacked to work on winxp) runs with over 30fps on max detail.

also: Shogun 2, yes please…

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber Killer View Post
            I hope they fix the performance on XCom1 also, so far that was horrible, barely playable (10-15 fps minimum detail, random crashing after max 0,5h playing) on my machine where the windows version (hacked to work on winxp) runs with over 30fps on max detail.

also: Shogun 2, yes please…
            Hi, please check the system requirements on Steam, and if you meet them and are still having issues with XCOM: Enemy Unknown then email [email protected] and someone will be able to look into this for you!
            The XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot Pack is Now Available!

Comment

Working...
            X