Feral Now Officially Supports AMD GPUs With Mesa For XCOM 2 On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Now Officially Supports AMD GPUs With Mesa For XCOM 2 On Linux

Phoronix: Feral Now Officially Supports AMD GPUs With Mesa For XCOM 2 On Linux

Back in February marked the launch of XCOM 2 for Linux and while it was possible to get the game working with RadeonSI Gallium3D, just ahead of Christmas there is a new update from Feral Interactive providing official support for Mesa/AMD graphics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice with gampad support also.

Comment

Huh, I just uninstalled XCOM 2 to make space on my SSD … otherwise I'd have tried it out immediately ☺

Comment

I doubt Feral will read this post, but thanks.

Comment

Figured I'd pull the triger on the new Deus Ex as it's $20 today, I feel like such a collector replacing all the old games I had on Windows with Linux versions. SC2 -> DoW, Deus Ex HR -> Deus Ex MD, etc.. etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Holograph View Post
            I doubt Feral will read this post, but thanks.
            Thank them by purchasing it?

Comment

i hope they ported Total War Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai too *Pleaase i beg you

so far ive purchased these games on steam : insurgency,Total War : ATTila

Comment

Originally posted by castlefox View Post

Thank them by purchasing it?
                Maybe. I do buy games and I do prioritze games that support Linux. I'll be more likely to buy Deus Ex if that starts working well with AMD GPUs (I have a 290x). Xcom is a maybe for me. ("Why did you post in an Xcom thread if you don't care that much about Xcom?" - because I hope this support will come to other recent Feral-ported games as well).
                Last edited by Holograph; 21 December 2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

XCOM games run well on Linux. And the performance issues with XCOM2 isnt exclusive to linux.

Comment

What OpenGL version this game require? Can it run on r600g?

Comment

Working...
                    X