It Looks Like CryENGINE's Sandbox Editor Could Eventually Work On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Looks Like CryENGINE's Sandbox Editor Could Eventually Work On Linux

Phoronix: It Looks Like CryENGINE's Sandbox Editor Could Eventually Work On Linux

While the CryENGINE 5.x game engine is supported on Linux, to date their sandbox editor isn't compatible with Linux but it looks like eventually there could be said support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Assumes CryTek is still in business in February...

Comment

Finally some stuff Star Citizen can use on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
        I think CIG have modded the engine so much by now that this won't be compatible.

Comment

The VR game The Climb is made with the CryEngine and it has some of the most amazing graphics of any Oculus game so far. It would be awesome if the editor came to Linux.

Comment

I believe CIG have forked CryEngine so much by now that this won't be compatible.

Comment

Good news. I imagine that Warhorse will need to port Kingdom Come to Cry Engine 5.4+ to get proper Linux support… :-/

Comment

Our Linux support actually goes back a lot further than just CRYENGINE 5.x - we first publicly released OpenGL and Linux support with 3.8.1 back in June 2016.

Comment

I just hope is free like UE4.

Comment

I don't think this will be compatible with CIG's fork of CryEngine. I think they've changed 70-80% of the code (and counting!)

Comment

Working...
                    X